Huge bang noise on startup but not always reproducible, dealer refused to help

Haoever

I bought a new Kluger a few months ago, since several weeks ago it started to have a strange issue. Sometimes, on startup there's a series of big bang noise, it's very loud that I first thought someone hit the window very hard with a hammer. I'm not sure where it's from, it's not always reproducible. I did a few tests and so far It only happens after a long drive, I'm not sure what the reasoning behind this.

I did some research and found there can be a thump sound from speaker in case of:

When the power is turned on, that capacitor is not charged, and the amplifier's output quickly goes from zero to 50 % of the supply voltage. The popping sound is caused by the capacitor pulling current through the speaker.

But I'm not sure if this is the case. It's much louder inside the car, which suggests it's not something from the front cover? My hypothesis is that, if it's from the speaker, probably because when the car starts from cold, nothing's connected to the speaker, but during a long drive people may get their phone connected to listen to music, then the car gets parked at some point, followed by another startup when it remembers the bluetooth connection and tries to switch on the speaker again, then what in the quote above happens? But I have no idea if this is the case, I don't know much about car and it's not always reproducible.

I went to the car dealer nearby, showed the video record to the guy with maximum phone volume which is still not as loud as the real scenario. The guy refused to do anything apart from asking me to come back when it happens again. I'm now very frustrated, it's loud to a degree that my heart isn't feeling comfortable, and since I'm not sure what is exactly wrong, I'm afraid that it might be something serious that may damage the car.

Could I get some help identifying what could be the issue? If the problem persists and car dealer cannot do anything, is there any other way I can get it solved, such like raising a complaint with Toyota, or talk to Ombudsman?

Thanks!

Update: I just noticed the attached video cannot be downloaded, so here's a dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry9jetfqxxpotvd/sound3.MOV?dl=0

Thanks again!

IMG_8615.MOV

Edited by Haoever

Not able to open the file here unfortunately. 

I either suspect something is wrong with the head unit, or there is a dodgy connection somewhere within the wiring loom for the speakers/ stereo system.

Don't worry, if the dealer wants to ***** you around, then just mention "Consumer Law" to them and see how quickly their attitude changes. You are covered by a Statutory Warranty.

Let us know how you get on.