2004 Sportivo RHS Headlight

On 5/23/2022 at 9:00 PM, layzie said:

Trying to find the RHS headlight part number for my 04 Sportivo. Need to replace it since there’s a crack.

Do you guys know if the ZZE122 headlight the same as the Sportivo ZZE123?

https://www.ozeparts.com.au/1016346.html

The lights between ZZE122's and ZZE123's use different plugs for what ever reason. As long as you have selected headlights suitabel for AHT VIN's (South African manufactured Corolla's) you'll have no issues.

You can get the lights as a pair https://www.ozeparts.com.au/toyota/corolla-94/corolla-vin-aht/2003-03-2004-08-ze122-hatch-tab/1016347.html and it'll be well worth it especially if your current headlights have faded lenses. I purchased a set of lights from the same company a few years back and had no issues with getting them, no damage etc etc.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Squalled said:

The lights between ZZE122's and ZZE123's use different plugs for what ever reason. As long as you have selected headlights suitabel for AHT VIN's (South African manufactured Corolla's) you'll have no issues.

You can get the lights as a pair https://www.ozeparts.com.au/toyota/corolla-94/corolla-vin-aht/2003-03-2004-08-ze122-hatch-tab/1016347.html and it'll be well worth it especially if your current headlights have faded lenses. I purchased a set of lights from the same company a few years back and had no issues with getting them, no damage etc etc.

Thanks mate, will order from the link I posted up. I actually got the LHS replaced a year or two ago through insurance when a big stray dog ran across the road and hit my car. So yeah LHS is still looking fresh. But RHS has a crack and fogged up.

1 hour ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Are Genuine Headlights still available ? I'm thinking if they were, they'd be horrendously expensive too.

I believe they are, last I heard someone paying well over $700 for one along with someone else selling them for $1200 a pair claiming they paid almost $1500 for them!

19 minutes ago, layzie said:

Thanks mate, will order from the link I posted up. I actually got the LHS replaced a year or two ago through insurance when a big stray dog ran across the road and hit my car. So yeah LHS is still looking fresh. But RHS has a crack and fogged up.

Ah good good. I've found using some sealant on the lenses will help them from fading quicker also so even investing in a $40 spray sealant to spray on them once a month or so it should stop them from fading again.

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, layzie said:

Here’s the replacement headlight from Ozeparts.

580011BE-4E05-4D4F-B020-D833F9960491.thumb.jpeg.6520384d3a469dee3a2c29a508ef83c6.jpeg

Nice mate! Looks good. It's worth putting some spray on sealant on them too if you have any. Will stop them fading so quickly as well. I've been doing mine for the last year and a half or more and no issues with the lenses.

1 minute ago, Squalled said:

Nice mate! Looks good. It's worth putting some spray on sealant on them too if you have any. Will stop them fading so quickly as well. I've been doing mine for the last year and a half or more and no issues with the lenses.

Thanks mate. What sealant spray do you use?

13 hours ago, layzie said:

Thanks mate. What sealant spray do you use?

In all honesty mate, whatever is on sale really. Look into Mothers CMX, Bowden's Wet Dreams, Meguiars Ceramic Wax, Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray etc. I've used a mix of CMX, Wet Dreams and even Carpro HydrO2 sealant when I do the whole car and the work great. I tend to top it up every month or 2 just to be sure that it's slick and protected. I know that CarPro has their DLUX kit which is a ceramic coating for lights which will last much longer but does require a bit more effort to apply and what not and is also a lot pricer given that it should last a lot longer.

• Like 1