Hi,

Does anyone know why Toyota Corolla Hatchback Hybrid 2019 not have a 'Hood insulation pad'? I saw online people are searching for one. Does anyone have any idea? Is this a safety issue/design issue? Wouldn't it a better options like previous models to have one to reduce engine/other associated sounds under the hood? I saw there are some type of insulation pads available on AliExpress; but all of them are for Sedan, NOT for Hatchback. Is there any reason for that? Thanks in advance...

On 3/12/2023 at 11:27 AM, Sazzad Hasan said:

Does anyone know why Toyota Corolla Hatchback Hybrid 2019 not have a 'Hood insulation pad'?

It was probably a pathetic attempt at cost saving. Who knows. I guess if you run into a dealer member, they may deny or confirm.

On 3/12/2023 at 11:27 AM, Sazzad Hasan said:

I saw there are some type of insulation pads available on AliExpress; but all of them are for Sedan, NOT for Hatchback. Is there any reason for that?

Sedans and Hatchbacks both share the same front paneling including the bonnet. Unless there's a distinct difference we're not aware of. SO by default, hood insulation from a hatch should fit sedan of the same model.

Have you compared the front of both hatch and sedans ?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

It was probably a pathetic attempt at cost saving. Who knows. I guess if you run into a dealer member, they may deny or confirm.

Sedans and Hatchbacks both share the same front paneling including the bonnet. Unless there's a distinct difference we're not aware of. SO by default, hood insulation from a hatch should fit sedan of the same model.

Have you compared the front of both hatch and sedans ?

Hi, I enquired from Canterbury Toyota dealership yesterday. They said my model doesn’t come with one, so they can’t fit insulation pad in my car….:)

Regarding the comparison with 2019 Sedan and Hatchback….I actually didn’t compare physically yet. But online shopping site says sedan model pad doesn’t fit hatchback…..I don’t know why. I’ll check it for sure. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Sazzad Hasan said:

Regarding the comparison with 2019 Sedan and Hatchback….I actually didn’t compare physically yet. But online shopping site says sedan model pad doesn’t fit hatchback…..I don’t know why. I’ll check it for sure.

I find that very bizarre. I can't see why Toyota would have two separate lots of presses to press one shape of bonnet for a sedan and another shape for the Hatch. It's crazy.

I'd go to a dealer who has both cars and compare the bonnets. It could be that the sedan bonnet doesn't have the clip holes and the hatch one does ??

This has me intrigued now. Let us know what you find.