car going straight but steering wheel little bit crooked

lauschie

gday guys,

just had a wheel alignment done on my rolla,the car stays straight,which is good,however the steering wheel drops a little bit to right hand side and feels tight if i try to put it back to dead centre whlist driving. problem is annoying when at high speed on freeways. does anyone know what this prob is and how to get it fixed??

all the best,

lauschie

Sounds like there is a bit of play with your steering wheel. After time the rubber bush joints wear a little and casue this.

I had a similair problem with my Corolla.

If your alignment is OK, that when you let go of the steering wheel and it doesent pull to one side all they will do is adjust the steering wheel. No biggie.

Took them about 30minutes to get it done under the 1000km service.

Me and my friend had the same problem, for us, it's just the wheel allignment....Those ppl are just not doing good job....they didn't had the steeling wheel pointing to the dead centre when they did the allignment....I've brought mine back the 2nd day, it's a bit better, but still not dead straight.... :(

• 2 weeks later...

its the people that does your wheel alightment

places with big names have all these expensive machines but the people there dunno how to work the machine, for me i have the same problem aswell.

in 1 month i had to do 3 wheel alightment due to poor workmanship.

i can reconmend a place for you they are fantastic

the place is in fairfield next door to the oasis club, its some suspension place

dunno what the place call though

they are the best. and reconmend to book

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like there is a bit of play with your steering wheel. After time the rubber bush joints wear a little and casue this.

gday corzza,

which bush joints do u think might be worn?? have u changed anything in yr steering area,if so what was it and how much did it cost?? bloody annoying having a steering wheel on a little slope left or right when wheels are straight. only really feel it when driving on freeways at hight speed. can u name any places that could find out what the prob is and fix it,eg like a pedders or something??

all the best,

lauschie

gday corzza,

which bush joints do u think might be worn?? have u changed anything in yr steering area,if so what was it and how much did it cost?? bloody annoying having a steering wheel on a little slope left or right when wheels are straight. only really feel it when driving on freeways at hight speed. can u name any places that could find out what the prob is and fix it,eg like a pedders or something??

all the best,

lauschie

Mate it won't be anything to do with a bush on your steering column. you need to go back to the wheel aligner and tell them to adjust the steering wheel to 12 o'clock as they obviously didn't have the wheel set there when they did the alignment.