ECU adjustment after Mod's

Toohey

I am about to purchase the AEM CAI and wanted to find out more about the ECU and whether you need to reset it after installing the CAI.

I understand that most later model cars have self adjusting ECU's and I am pretty sure that the Stivo does as well, but I have heard that you have to unhook the battery for a while to allow it to reset, or there are set procedures that can be followed with the ignition/throttle to also reset the ECU.

Peekay, Exec6, did you guys need to reset after the mod?

I thought it required the battery being disconnected for 12 hours or some rediculous amount of time. You are probably right though that the car should be able to re-map the fuel system itself.

You might not have noticed if you had your new head unit installed, but do you have to enter in a security code into the stereo after cutting power?

Concur with Peekay.. The battery has to come out so there is ya reset.. I did find however when I started it after the mod it took a while for the idle air control to settle down.. But that standard with a full ECU reset..

As for the stezz, there didnt seem to be any need for a PIN when I reconnected mine.. And it was outta action for about 45 minutes..