FLYNSX corolla seca 13.0 1/4 mile run

i just started a topic with all the specs on my car i was running 15psi then hit the hi boost when i went into 2nd gear

Thats awsome! i miss having a turboed car! The torque that sucks you into the seat is the feeling i want back again!

seems a tad slow for 240kw in a corolla - need to remove those subs and i reckon easy 12s :)

if you are really making what was shown in that dyno graph, then consistent 11's shouldnt be a problem with semi slicks (or full), 15psi in the front and 30psi in the rear tyres.

240kw atw in a sub 1200kg is extremely quick, FWD or not...punch the gears harder, rape the clutch (i assume you have a brassy) and as romp said, turf the subs and you should be a winner.

240kw is his max figure... I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been running that on the track as he would have blown the engine up following the 1st gear change looking at how the engine block was behaving at Toymods Dyno Day 12 (when he made that figure). He would have been running ~180kw I would reakon.

Thats awsome! i miss having a turboed car! The torque that sucks you into the seat is the feeling i want back again!

seems a tad slow for 240kw in a corolla - need to remove those subs and i reckon easy 12s :)

Actually for a FWD car, this is quite impressive.

Now I wanna be boosted!

Maybe we can get a group buy on TRD Superchargers for 1zz's :D

Now I wanna be boosted!

Actually, If you read the 9th gen forums you'll find that adding a TRd supercharger along with a heavy list of other mods, you'll be running between 14.6 and 15 quarter miles. so basically its like adding lift that the stivo already has.

Although i'd love ot have one on my 1ZZ just so i can keep up with Bill :P

Edited by SyxXPaC

Now I wanna be boosted!

Actually, If you read the 9th gen forums you'll find that adding a TRd supercharger along with a heavy list of other mods, you'll be running between 14.6 and 15 quarter miles. so basically its like adding lift that the stivo already has.

Although i'd love ot have one on my 1ZZ just so i can keep up with Bill :P

Yes :), I've been a member of 9th Gen for quite some time (I think I was the first Aussie Member? - Maybe :huh: ) and researched the shiete out of the S/C :D and come to the conclusion that it's quite good bang for buck for US residents but not for us for many reasons, primarily it would cost you over $5K to have it running, and you have no real support here for this product if something goes wrong with it.

Although the S/C 1zz's aren't any quicker than 2zz cars, they're much nicer to drive than n/a because of the increased torque.

Hold on now dude, theres video of 2zz-ge with injen versus 1zz-fe with s/c. It kills the 2zz-ge.

The thing is with S/C, if u want to add CAI (which i think it should), u blow ur cat and u need aquamist kit to act as a cooler. Now i heard water injection is dangerous and some say its not - mix review as usual.

As the price, well, if u think about it, $5000 inc fit and tune is around the same as buying bolt-on turbo kit anyway. So its still is relatively good price for us over here - warranty is the issue.

Hold on now dude, theres video of 2zz-ge with injen versus 1zz-fe with s/c. It kills the 2zz-ge.

The thing is with S/C, if u want to add CAI (which i think it should), u blow ur cat and u need aquamist kit to act as a cooler. Now i heard water injection is dangerous and some say its not - mix review as usual.

As the price, well, if u think about it, $5000 inc fit and tune is around the same as buying bolt-on turbo kit anyway. So its still is relatively good price for us over here - warranty is the issue.

That's the big problem - no back-up or support here.

Also it's designed to run from the standard air-box, doesn't really have the provision to be upgraded with a CAI/SRI, like you said water injection is a bit of an unknown. Intercooler is next to impossible to put in because of it's design, the only kind of cooling is it's fifth injector to stop lean-out (But again, only designed to run from an airbox).

So if you're looking for instant power boost and happy not to upgrade from there on, this is a good option ( You would have close to 120kw ATW) But it doesn't allow further upgrades from there on.

This is where a custom Turbo set up is the better way to go.... Let's wait and see the monster that emerges from MAP81's garage... :D

theirs no use having so much power in are fwd, it'll just wheel spin to much, mined u i love it,

i was going to bring my car, but i blew 3rd gear, so im put are 6 speed with lsd

anyway theres more potential in it

why would u wanna supercharge the 1zz, when turbo will make more power

cheers

Edited by ralyrt

i got a trd brass button single plate clutch in it at 1200kgs i think a mid 12 is possable. No way an 11 to heavey to full 11.

The clutch slips when i hit the high boost button in 2nd gear. At the end of the day its practise is all i need and that 12sec pass will come to me.

theirs no use having so much power in are fwd, it'll just wheel spin to much, mined u i love it,

i was going to bring my car, but i blew 3rd gear, so im put are 6 speed with lsd

anyway theres more potential in it

why would u wanna supercharge the 1zz, when turbo will make more power

cheers

Because TRD S/C is a simple bolt on kit, less headache compared to turbo install. If you add cold air intake, full exhaust system, and water mist injection its more than enough for the street don't you think?

You said no point in having too much power in FWD as it spins too much - and then u said why would anyone want to s/c when turbo will make more power. S/C gives enough power already man.

So S/C is a great alternative other than Turbo.

and supercharging is going to help with wheel spin, :rolleyes: , their more tq down low, turbo is no head ache, it just needs a little maintence :rolleyes: , but like they say, ur never happy with the power u got, u always want more,

supercharger+fwd=***** loads off wheel spin,hey but its fun