AURION or CAMRY V6 ???

Hey guys. Got a friend who loves his Camry's & is looking to update his current car, a 2009 Camry.

I let him take a spin of my car (2016 ATX) & I couldnt get the smile of his face ! He loved the power LOL but thought the interior was a bit plain & boring (fair enough it is a bit).

He was initially looking at the XV70 Series Camry as he likes the look of them & the interior is a bit flashier too, but now he doesnt know after driving the Aurion.

Anyway, he ended up taking a 2019 V6 Camry with the 224kw 2GR-FKS for a test drive too, at a Toyota dealer. 

Strange thing, he reckons the Aurion goes ALOT harder than the XV70 Camry V6, even though it has a more powerful engine. He said he almost couldn't feel any power compared to my car ??

But overall he reckons it is a nicer car to drive. But I think he may have got a bit addicted to the power, as he wanted to take my car for another drive LOL

I suggested looking at a higher spec Aurion than mine if he wants the power but something "less boring", so I will how he goes.

Just wondering if any you guys here driven the 70 Series V6 Camry too & can compare to the Aurion. Why would it feel slower ? Any recommendations ? Thanks in advance...........

Hi Steve, No not tried any of the latest Camry's all I know is if he loves the Aurion which I can see no reason why not they are brilliant cars maybe he should look for a higher level than the ATX, for power and handing the Sportivos rock, or if he wants class then Prodigy or Presara that way he gets the best of both worlds. There are quite a few around on the market but these days they do go for quite a bit with new car delays kicking up the prices of second hand. at dealers.

I love our 2009 Presara as it is always a total pleasure to sit in drive and just enjoy that power every now and then for fun.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

8 speed auto would have felt extra lazy especially with a presumed 2 adults in the car that's already 100kg heavier than the quick gen50 ATX. The last gen V6 is a rippa car, if not a bit odd to look at from some angles, pricey.

Edited by ZZT86

13 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

8 speed auto would have felt extra lazy especially with a presumed 2 adults in the car

I don't see the need for so many speeds. I think it's stupid. The 6 speed auto in my Aurion is absolutely perfect 👌

Edited by Tony Prodigy
** 6 speed, not 5 Haha.
  • Like 2

I agree ^^ all fuel economy driven, great for hwy speeds but not at the cost of around town drivability as a lot of them 8 speeds boxes appear confused hunting for the appropriate gear. The V6/6spd transmission is what I love about these cars - they are an awesome combination powering the Aurion & Lexus vehicles.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AhmedA said:

Hi everyone,

What is the recommended unleaded petrol for Kluger V6 2022 Model, is unleaded 91 ok or should I go with premium 95?

Cheers, Ahmed

27 minutes ago, ZZT86 said:

Look inside fuel door will state rec fuel, 91 should be fine although 95 is a cleaner more refined drop.

Yeah, you can use whatever your budget allows. If you're rich, then just use 98.