Does your car SHINE !!! just washed n waxed ???

wot the!? lol what does brian have to do with me >_<"

(daym could sure use that head slapping emoticon right now) lol.

his car is sexy but man, dont need a wash, beat up track look oh yea~

Hahahaha. I know you know Brian man that's all lol >_<

"beat up track look" lol. It looks good man, I'd love to polish and wax it though.

That car is 'THE' track whore of TOCAU. Go Brian!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this on ebay, wonder if this the same thing?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bosh-Random-Orbital...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmmm...sorry, i don't know how to make this a link?

Vincent, I have sent you another PM. That is the wrong one, the one for car polishing is PEX400AE. Have a look at the Bosch website: http://auptocs.bosch-pt.com/boptocs-au/Cat...hw&ccat_id=9638

Thanks Byran :) You have been a great help. :)

May I ask one more question? I have read a site that a guy showing how to use the Porter Cable, and he put the polish on the pad, and buff it till shiny in one step....is this the right way? because when i polish by hand, i would put on the liquid polish, wait till it's dry, and buff off?

Thanks again for your info Chompies, I'll buy one of those as soon as I find a job. :)

alright im going for a coffee run!!!

it better not rain!!

Coffee for Tom, and Shampoo for the Corolla? :)

It's still raining, just came back from the city, and all wet....

Edited by vin corolla

How was the city vin??

Just went there for a Job Group interview....quite interesting...

I took the train, and it was raining, lucky not too heavy, but enough to make my suit wet.....maybe I should had put on those fabric protector that use for the car...haha :)

How was the coffee? Tom :)

Pete, I thought you work in the funiture store, how come you are free on the internet? :)

Edited by vin corolla

nice - who was the interview with?

yeah my coffee was good... i had a bacon and egg panini too... the BEST in sydney as far as im concerned... its awesome...

DFS in the city.....

I wonder why people do Group interview now..so much pressure...and I am such a SHY person..hehe :)

yeah it seems a little weird, i had one for coles once... i dont think they actually learnt anything about me in particular, they just did it to turf out those who REALLY aren't suitable... i guess its that new age "team" workplace stuff... its everywhere...

not that i'd know, being fresh out of high school :P

yeah it seems a little weird, i had one for coles once... i dont think they actually learnt anything about me in particular, they just did it to turf out those who REALLY aren't suitable... i guess its that new age "team" workplace stuff... its everywhere...

not that i'd know, being fresh out of high school :P

Yah, i have to agree with you on that. :) They're just trying to make the process easiler and faster....just to filter out whoever they don't like before they get into details....

Vin it hasnt been busy this week so iv been off! worked monday and tues day and half of wed

haha, good on you, Pete. :)

Too bad the weather has been playing this week, otherwise it would be a perfect time to enjoy the satisfaction of Cleaning & Polishing.

It's amazing that your car is always so clean & Shiny. :)

Well I have been reading this thread with interest seeing what you guys are up to and how your doing it!!! The buff I have is a Black and Decker industrial with 16 speed settings and a pressure sensitive trigger which means i can get the polishing head to spin really really slow if I want to. It has speed ranges from 1000rpm to 3600rpm. I use foam dimple pads, flat foam cutting pads,foam finishing pads and also a lambs wool pads for really bad paintwork to rip all the crap off. Last count I have about 6 different pads for different products as using the same pad with different products can sometimes cause more damage than you would ever think imaginable.

I currently use a lot of the Bowdens car care range and still use a fair few of the Meguiars range of polishes/cleaners. If you want a polish that is easy to use and will give you good results with not too much work use Meguiars Colour boost. That's it's retail name and has only been available for retail sale for just over a year. I have been using it for years as I could buy it in commercial quantities(3.6L) It's basically a single step fine cut/polish with a non silicon wax content as well to boost colour depth,gloss and also remove small scratches, light oxidisation and also to a degree swirl marks. I use it on my car and get great results by firstly using a clay fallout bar over the whole car, then the Colour boost and finally a good coat of carnauba wax. Paint is silky smooth and the depth of colour and gloss is eye damaging out in the sun. Colour boost can also be applied with a buff and works best using a Meguiars cutting pad.

Ask any of the Queensland members about the condition of my car for an 03 model with 80 000km on it and it is possible to keep your car in great condition whilst it being a daily driver. It also gets washed once a week so that nothing really sits on the paintwork for any length of time as this is usually whats does the damage(bird poop,bugs etc)

Check out my garage for some pics.....

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...e&CODE=12&CID=4

so what is better do you think bodens or meguires?

is the colour boost similar to meguires gold?

Bowdens is desgined for maintaining cars that are in very good condition(not neglected cars) which need a little extra gloss/ depth of colour/less swirls but is a lot harder to use than the Meguiars products as it doesn't have the cutting power/ agressiveness to remove stains/scratches etc etc and is a little more complicated in just how to apply it to the car. The results on a good car are awesome but is more time consuming.

Colour boost isn't like gold class as gold class meguiars is their top shelf polishes/waxes etc. The colour boost is a single step light cut/polish in one. You can use it then follow it with the Gold class wax which will yield great results too.