Does your car SHINE !!! just washed n waxed ???

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great input SB ..

and can we please refrain from whoring in here ?? there are whoring threads for that ..

Keep this thread pics and about them and about how we get tham that shiney ...

First warning. Keep posts on track. Do not swear. Do not sit. Do not touch your toes. Do no scrath itches. Do not scream when you hit your finger with a hammer. Do not walk in a manner which may upset the chemical imbalance in your spinal column, lattisimus dorsi and base cortex of your brain.

Oh yeah next time I wash my car Jase I'll be doing it in these steps.

Wash > clay > scratch X > polish > wax

I'll be there for 2 days doing it but oh well lol.

Well I have been reading this thread with interest seeing what you guys are up to and how your doing it!!! The buff I have is a Black and Decker industrial with 16 speed settings and a pressure sensitive trigger which means i can get the polishing head to spin really really slow if I want to. It has speed ranges from 1000rpm to 3600rpm. I use foam dimple pads, flat foam cutting pads,foam finishing pads and also a lambs wool pads for really bad paintwork to rip all the crap off. Last count I have about 6 different pads for different products as using the same pad with different products can sometimes cause more damage than you would ever think imaginable.

I currently use a lot of the Bowdens car care range and still use a fair few of the Meguiars range of polishes/cleaners. If you want a polish that is easy to use and will give you good results with not too much work use Meguiars Colour boost. That's it's retail name and has only been available for retail sale for just over a year. I have been using it for years as I could buy it in commercial quantities(3.6L) It's basically a single step fine cut/polish with a non silicon wax content as well to boost colour depth,gloss and also remove small scratches, light oxidisation and also to a degree swirl marks. I use it on my car and get great results by firstly using a clay fallout bar over the whole car, then the Colour boost and finally a good coat of carnauba wax. Paint is silky smooth and the depth of colour and gloss is eye damaging out in the sun. Colour boost can also be applied with a buff and works best using a Meguiars cutting pad.

Ask any of the Queensland members about the condition of my car for an 03 model with 80 000km on it and it is possible to keep your car in great condition whilst it being a daily driver. It also gets washed once a week so that nothing really sits on the paintwork for any length of time as this is usually whats does the damage(bird poop,bugs etc)

Check out my garage for some pics.....

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...e&CODE=12&CID=4

Thanks for the info :) Can you please give me the model number of your Black and Decker? and are they expensive? Thanks :)

Here's my finished product. Only to be wrecked by the rain 1 hour later. :( Enjoy!

ok sorry can't upload pics.

Quote.

"The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."

Edited by LiMz RoLLa

resizedp10005938vb.jpg

it's like looking in a mirror

and SB's car really is that looked after. you would really have to see it in the flesh to believe it i think

Edited by HDACHE

Well I have been reading this thread with interest seeing what you guys are up to and how your doing it!!! The buff I have is a Black and Decker industrial with 16 speed settings and a pressure sensitive trigger which means i can get the polishing head to spin really really slow if I want to. It has speed ranges from 1000rpm to 3600rpm. I use foam dimple pads, flat foam cutting pads,foam finishing pads and also a lambs wool pads for really bad paintwork to rip all the crap off. Last count I have about 6 different pads for different products as using the same pad with different products can sometimes cause more damage than you would ever think imaginable.

I currently use a lot of the Bowdens car care range and still use a fair few of the Meguiars range of polishes/cleaners. If you want a polish that is easy to use and will give you good results with not too much work use Meguiars Colour boost. That's it's retail name and has only been available for retail sale for just over a year. I have been using it for years as I could buy it in commercial quantities(3.6L) It's basically a single step fine cut/polish with a non silicon wax content as well to boost colour depth,gloss and also remove small scratches, light oxidisation and also to a degree swirl marks. I use it on my car and get great results by firstly using a clay fallout bar over the whole car, then the Colour boost and finally a good coat of carnauba wax. Paint is silky smooth and the depth of colour and gloss is eye damaging out in the sun. Colour boost can also be applied with a buff and works best using a Meguiars cutting pad.

Ask any of the Queensland members about the condition of my car for an 03 model with 80 000km on it and it is possible to keep your car in great condition whilst it being a daily driver. It also gets washed once a week so that nothing really sits on the paintwork for any length of time as this is usually whats does the damage(bird poop,bugs etc)

Check out my garage for some pics.....

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...e&CODE=12&CID=4

Thanks for the info :) Can you please give me the model number of your Black and Decker? and are they expensive? Thanks :)

Model number is 6138-46. I bought it about 9 years ago and it cost me just over $500 back then. I'd hate to think what something like that would cost now and if you could still get it. :D

hey thats my car >___________<' lols.

motoman *thumbs

niceeeee.

he taught me how to clean my car :P

wow u guys are rich i cant afford that so i have mr. hand to help me

all i did was wash clay wax? LOL oh and i tried some of that scratch x thingo didnt work or maybe i did it wrong :P

Edited by vyets

Nice reflections of the clouds on both cars.....

silly question...but does anyone have a shot of their car with a great backdrop?.......

Kangaroo Pt cliffs in Brisbane

i am yet to go back with my corolla and take pics.... might see what the weather is like tomorrow

Did you see my post of the 340kw barina??

How does everyone dry their car?.....does anyone use a microfibre towel(large)?....if so where would i get one?

Edited by u54mot