Does your car SHINE !!! just washed n waxed ???

how much do you use Rob?

I managed 5 applications from my bottle (3 on my car and one on each of my parents cars). Use the applicator pad (yellow circle thingy) and you save heaps... saves time too ;)

Haven't really noticed man lol. Never used it on a full car before, I use the yellow pads as well. That's good news then! lol Cheers man hahaha.

Oh yeah Pete, all you need to know is that it's clear coat safe man. It will cut back enough for scratches...that's it.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much do you use Rob?

I managed 5 applications from my bottle (3 on my car and one on each of my parents cars). Use the applicator pad (yellow circle thingy) and you save heaps... saves time too ;)

Applicator also speads it properly!

I'M SWIRL SWIRL SWIRLING MY PAINTY WAINTY FINISHHHHHHHH

I just don't trust the things. Jase has wisdom beyond his years though, so he's smart enough to use one.

Rob dumb. Rob use pad.

Swirl remover cuts the clear coat back a bit and gets rid of swirl marks in the finish. Mine has swirl marks in it because the dealer decidid to use an orbital buffer with a friggin steel wool pad or something. Idiots.

So I have to invest in some Scratch X, but there is a brand you can get from the states which is cheaper and just as effective called "Poorboys". A lot of 'true' detailers use that. Poorboys is also used by Chompies, Melbournes Champion Car Detailer :D

hahaha, thanks for the constant plugs buddy!

Like Rob has said Poorboys make a good swirl remover that works well by hand but like most swirl removers it is made to be used via machine, so you will have to give it some elbow grease. The product is called SSR2.5 and you can buy it from www.waxit.com.au Only available online unfortunately as it is imported from the USA.

I can't really think of any good swirl removers that you can purchase at retail stores other than Scratch-X, but I find that it is a bit too expensive for what you get.

Swirl remover cuts the clear coat back a bit and gets rid of swirl marks in the finish. Mine has swirl marks in it because the dealer decidid to use an orbital buffer with a friggin steel wool pad or something. Idiots.

So I have to invest in some Scratch X, but there is a brand you can get from the states which is cheaper and just as effective called "Poorboys". A lot of 'true' detailers use that. Poorboys is also used by Chompies, Melbournes Champion Car Detailer :D

hahaha, thanks for the constant plugs buddy!

Like Rob has said Poorboys make a good swirl remover that works well by hand but like most swirl removers it is made to be used via machine, so you will have to give it some elbow grease. The product is called SSR2.5 and you can buy it from www.waxit.com.au Only available online unfortunately as it is imported from the USA.

I can't really think of any good swirl removers that you can purchase at retail stores other than Scratch-X, but I find that it is a bit too expensive for what you get.

Rob do what Lord of Shine do. Rob buy orbital buffer, but ONLY same one Chompies buy.

Lol, no worries mate. I've seen your work, read your bio. Trained by a CHAMPION car detailer people. A CHAMPION.

;)

haha... orbital buffers are sweet man!

like seriously even a monkey (or gibbon) can use an orbital buffer... just gotta make sure you dont have the wrong applicator pad, and you keep em clean and dirt free, like any cloth...

otherwise the finish is absolutely unreal!

me and jas bought the same one... $35 from K-mart on clearance for a combo set of a buffer and a mini vacuum cleaner...

So we can't use the Wool pads with the Orbital Buffer?......or "steel wool pad"...are you sure?

So we can't use the Wool pads with the Orbital Buffer?......or "steel wool pad"...are you sure?

steel wood pad??? are you sarcastic lol. nah i said that as a joke lol

I'M SWIRL SWIRL SWIRLING MY PAINTY WAINTY FINISHHHHHHHH

I just don't trust the things. Jase has wisdom beyond his years though, so he's smart enough to use one.

Rob dumb. Rob use pad.

Rob: If you want to get a machine buffer that is almost idiot-proof, buy a Random Orbital Polisher like this one:

Bosch PEX400AE Random Orbital Polisher

From www.finalinspection.com.au

These are not as dangerous as a rotary buffer because the head moves in an eccentric motion and doesn't generate as much heat between the pad and paint. So it's almost impossible to burn your paint. I have the Festool RO from that website and I absolutely love it.

You can use wool pads, but not steel wool.. unless you want to scratch your paint off, haha. Wool pads on an orbital buffer are used for heavy cutting.

Edited by Chompies