Stock MP3 Head unit

As the title says.. im having some problems with my head unit

or it may be my CD lol

Anyways, i've noticed that sometimes it says ERROR or just doesnt load at all.

Also, i can't eject the cd.

I've found that if i switch off the ignition and restart, it works fine....

Have any of you's had similar experiences?

Try a different CD? :lol::lol: :D :P :)

The stock headunit isn't that great with some CD-R brands. Try other ones. Better quality media means less strain on the laser mechanism, hence longer lasting headunit ;)

I have also found with my stock HU from the non MP3 model that if I burn a CD-R too fast (anything over 8x) that it doesn't like it.

I'd say that the lens in the player is dodgy.

Like what was said, take it back to Toyota. I understand the current guidelines in Australia state that CD Players that have not had the appropriate arrangements for licencing for Non-Genuine music (ie burnt CD's) that they must advise that they are not CD-R Compatible. Thos that have the appropriate arrangements are to advise that they are CD-R Compatible.

The Toyota CD Players do not disclose whether they are CD-R Compatible or not, so therefor as far as I am concerned, there is a warranty issue with them making sure that they play ALL CD's....

Than again, the player may just be stuffed.... :P

• 1 month later...

The issue I have with the stock head unit is that if you play an MP3 track, it always reverts back to the beginning of the track whenever you turn the engine back on. A normal CD Audio track resumes exactly where you left off.

snakes

I would stick to using higher quality CD-R's.

Like bigbum said, better CD-R's = Less strain on lens = longevity of head unit.

The same theory applies to DVD-R's, dont use cheap stuff like Princo stick with verbatim/Mitsubishi/Taiyo Yuden/etc.

Good place to buy optical discs www.jpldisplays.com.au

Edited by neK

My old '98 camry CD player (3-disc cartridge type) didn't play burnt ones at all

May have been a little old for ability to read CD Media, although my home hi fi which I have had since 1996 has always been able to read them...