Everything in MODERATION

blue_rolla

Opinions:  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I call this thread Volume II because it has been seen before.

OLD MODERATOR OPINION THREAD

Now, I'm not one to start causing crap and getting people all riled up. So please do not take this as a personal attack on anybody.

I speak regularly with a number of members from this forum, and I have been sensing a feeling that people feel that the moderating team is not behaving in a manner that is appropriate for the position they have been awarded. In light of some recent issues, I think this is an appropriate time to put it out there to all members to voice their opinions on whether the moderating team is doing a good job or not.

Please, I don't want to see abuse and attacks flying at anyone, members or moderators alike. I just want to know what the general opinion is.

The reality is, as I am fully aware, this may lead to some relationships to go stale, and it may end in a re-election of the moderating team. But i think this is necessary.

Just a quick question ... is the behaviour of all Mods being called into question, or just a few?

The reason I ask is, if there are Mods who are doing the right thing, perhaps if there are issues existing then the "good" Mods can be contacted by PM for advice and/or action.

I'm just thinking that if a Mod receives criticism from another Mod (i.e. someone else who is there because they have a demonstrated desire for what is best for the forums), perhaps there's more chance that the issue can be both stated and taken in a constructive manner. :)

Just a quick question ... is the behaviour of all Mods being called into question, or just a few?

The reason I ask is, if there are Mods who are doing the right thing, perhaps if there are issues existing then the "good" Mods can be contacted by PM for advice and/or action.

I'm just thinking that if a Mod receives criticism from another Mod (i.e. someone else who is there because they have a demonstrated desire for what is best for the forums), perhaps there's more chance that the issue can be both stated and taken in a constructive manner. :)

Only a few buddha. I think we're past the point of being constructive though. Let us see what people think I guess.

I feel that a few members on here are disgruntled with a few moderators because for so long we have had moderators that haven't really been doing the job to the best of their ability and now that some are starting to enforce particular rules that are broken regularly and try to keep the forum organised and in an orderly fashion that they are now(myself included) being overly critised for doing what is needed when the circumstance arises???

Moderating is certainly not an easy job people as you will always stand on somebody's toes no matter what.

er...bump

so what's happenin...comments? looks like the voting has ceased

i had 50+ ppl vote in my lame poll and theres a total of 28 ppl voted in here.......i think more ppl need to pay attention to this thread. i mean its yes or now can't get more easier then that....hehhee

er...bump

so what's happenin...comments? looks like the voting has ceased

i had 50+ ppl vote in my lame poll and theres a total of 28 ppl voted in here.......i think more ppl need to pay attention to this thread. i mean its yes or now can't get more easier then that....hehhee

hehe

Seems like more TOCA are more interested in hooking up with TOCA females :P

I haven't really seen any moderators in action in the last month or so...

So there's nothing I can really vote for... :P

And the thing I saw the most before that was just Northy moving posts to more appropriate subforums?

to be honest, im happy to let the current mods hold their positions..

i at least think its time to vote some NEW people in, whether that means everyone starting from scratch, and the current mods have to get enough votes to stay in, or it means the current moderators staying and people getting added to the team... either way it doesnt worry me...

Are most of the moderators from QLD?

I know bill is one and hes from NSW how about we get some change.

there are just as many mods from Vic as there are from QLD, just the ones from QLD actually visit the site on a daily basis....

Are most of the moderators from QLD?

I know bill is one and hes from NSW how about we get some change.

there are just as many mods from Vic as there are from QLD, just the ones from QLD actually visit the site on a daily basis....

Just ban all them whingers :P :P :lol::lol:

Current Moderators are;-

Silvabullit- Qld

Northy-Qld

Xoom-NSW

Egene-Vic

Danthuyer-Qld

Peekay-Vic

2zzge sportivo-UK?????

Steve - UK(administrator)

Most of the moderating done on this site recently has been done by Northy,Xoom and myself as we are on here nearly every day. Egene is the other mod who does stuff too but has been busy and hasn't been on here too much of late. Danthuyer has asked to be removed from moderator status as he is selling his car and doesn't have the time to do it anymore. He only visits here on the very odd occasion. Peekay hasn't owned a Toyota for nearly 2 years and you will find him more on the Honda forums now than you will on here. 2zzge sportivo is someone in the Uk (we think) as nobody knows exactly who it is and isn't a regular contributor to this forum.

Do we need some new moderators??? Firstly that's for Steve to decide if that's ok and secondly you guys have to agree who you want to add as moderators to join the current active ones who will do the job properly.

Perhaps instead of new mods should the more inactive ones become more active?? Or if they no longer wish to be one then a vote would perhaps be the logical answer.