Official 2006 FiFa World Cup Thread!!

ChArMs_RT142

i do not think it deserved a red card though fifa ruling on double footed from the back is a straight red. we have seen worse and they were only awarded yellows...

back to the point, aussies played well and gave their best, you would also have to give credit to italy for their defence... ask anyone here that plays soccer, is it easy to defend for 45mins?? but they defended well... as for the penalty, the ref is human... "recall the "hand of ***" " it was given, it is a spilt second decision...

the fall made was professional though it has no sportsmanship. aus did great... now the focal point, who will be the next manager...

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as that ref sucked dogs balls for breakfast for that penalty decission, you can't blame the loss on that entirely. We had plenty of oportunities to score as in past games but still couldn't find the back of the net. The number of clean headers that Tim Cahill had, he should have scored from at least one... there were soo many that sailed over the crossbar by less then a foot. And Viduka's header, it was like he had no confidence at all... we dominated in the set pieces inside the box and realistically could have won 2-1

as much as that ref sucked dogs balls for breakfast for that penalty decission, you can't blame the loss on that entirely. We had plenty of oportunities to score as in past games but still couldn't find the back of the net. The number of clean headers that Tim Cahill had, he should have scored from at least one... there were soo many that sailed over the crossbar by less then a foot. And Viduka's header, it was like he had no confidence at all... we dominated in the set pieces inside the box and realistically could have won 2-1

totally agree.

if we lost it during normal time would be so much easier to take! far out 93rd min penalty... that sucks balls

I tried to give this world cup and soccor a chance this year.

I thought to myself 'nah its not a girls game', 'its really skilled' , 'there must be something good about the game for billions to love it so much'.

So i watched all the aussie games, and as much of the other games as i could....

And yep....

Just as i thought for my whole life....its a game for wussy, cheating, little fag's.

These diving panzies let the game down so much, its no wonder people over there go freaking skitz and start killing each other at the end of games.

im glad i wasnt out watchin at the pub....

FIFA = Joke

should impose fines and possible disqualifications for the whole team (and have the loser go thru in their place) if players are caught faking after careful analysis by several video refs (after the game has finished to minimise disruptions).

Edited by neK

should impose fines and possible disqualifications for the whole team (and have the loser go thru in their place) if players are caught faking after careful analysis by several video refs (after the game has finished to minimise disruptions).

would you want to play tennis with no umpire and linesmen ? hell no !

controversy is great for sports !!! ESPECIALLY for soccer .. this will be talked about for years to come !

I still feel like crying now. Couldn't believe that actually happened. It didn't feel like we lost fair and square. If we lost the game on skill then in hindsight everyone could have been satisfied with the result. but to be robbed, raped, and pilidged in the final 25seconds before extra time would have been called is heart breaking. Leaves a real bitter taste in my mouth!

and the fact that we had no sporting chance to even come back after that "dive" was even more un-sportsman like! I'm so dissapointed in the result.

Apart from the red card and the 93rd minute penalty, I must say that was the best ref'ed game Australia has had all around.

Both teams had great defense, though Italy proved the better with 1 man down. Australia's defense had small holes in them, but Schwarzer stepped in and filled them nicely.

Very good game all in all.... but very disappointing. :(

All together now:

"Who's ya father? Who's ya father? Who's ya father, Referee?

You don't have one, you don't have one, you're a ba$t@rd, Referee!"

Aaahh wasn't it just our fate that poor refereeing throughout the tournament would play a part. Then again, we all know it's the biggest variable and no matter what happens someone won't like a decision.

I was at the club with my soccer team & heaps of mates - my coach & others cried like drunken babies. It can all be said that "we did well to make the Round of 16" which is true, but nothing can change the fact that we got ROBBED at the death and could/should have been in the quarter finals. Instead, one of the so-called super-powers of world football are in our place having played the dryest, most boring brand of football on offer, supported (generally) by arogant fans who believe they have a divine right to win.

However...

Cometh the hour, cometh the man - Francesco Totti - the new Johnny Wilkinson

Wash your mouth out with soap Jimmy :lol: . All that prick could ever do was drop kick and place kick. Waste of space that guy. Andrew Mehrtens? Stirling Mortlock? Johan Cryuf? Now they are kickers.

I'm so %$#@*% Gutted right now LoL :angry: <_< :ph34r::huh: ;) :(

Was such a good fricken game!!!! B) The Refs in this are @#$%%^%$##$% apawling !!!!!!

Man we almost had it!! But no it had to end like this!!! :angry:

Ghana won't beat Brazil man. They may look a bit like em, but that doesn't mean they play as well :lol:

i reckon Ghana will put up a show though! at least a goal by them!

Spain will rip through france!

Ghana won't beat Brazil man. They may look a bit like em, but that doesn't mean they play as well :lol:

so far their down a goal haha

so far their down a goal haha

Make that 2-0 ;)

They don't stand a chance. Ghana are trying to weave their way through the Brazillian defence and tap the ball into the back of the net or something. Someone tell them to SHOOT!

now thats what i call a proper game, put up a good fight but still not enough. everytime a foul they help them up say sorry. no bs man brazil pwns! 6 stars here they come!

I don't think Portugal's game is up to scratch (going by their performance in the last few games).

England hasn't been up to their best either, but I still think they'll have the advantage over Portugal.

Brazil, winner. Their game is picking up a lot.

Italy will win their match (maybe with a few dives thrown in.. :P)

Germany and Argentina will be a tight one IMO.. 1-1 with Germany scoring the golden goal in extra time.

I'm so %$#@*% Gutted right now LoL :angry: <_< :ph34r::huh: ;) :(

Was such a good fricken game!!!! B) The Refs in this are @#$%%^%$##$% apawling !!!!!!

Man we almost had it!! But no it had to end like this!!! :angry:

YES! i feel your pain! :(