What's the correct mark up on Vortex 98

Local Caltex has just started selling Vortex 98 so as usual running low (light on) dropped in.

Pizzed when I saw the price 12 cents above the price of standard unleaded. Put in $30 and got 20.28l at 1.479c/l.

I was not happy paying 10c/l extra for BP. I won't be going back to Caltex for an extra 2c/l.

What is the mark up in your area if it's different I will contact Caltex and complain. I hate getting ripped off.

Local Caltex has just started selling Vortex 98 so as usual running low (light on) dropped in.

Pizzed when I saw the price 12 cents above the price of standard unleaded. Put in $30 and got 20.28l at 1.479c/l.

I was not happy paying 10c/l extra for BP. I won't be going back to Caltex for an extra 2c/l.

What is the mark up in your area if it's different I will contact Caltex and complain. I hate getting ripped off.

Exactly the same as me my friend. Vortex 98 is what I think to be the best formulated 98 octane fuel, and so do many other people, over Optimax and BP Ultimate. I'd glady pay the extra 2c for the better fuel. You aren't the only one getting ripped off though. The owners get ripped off as well. Ask micky_tee, he owns a caltex servo.

it sure doesnt but i always fill up on the same day two weeks later at the same service station.

at around 550-600km later so i know she needs to be filled and if i see that hectic price il delay it

Well I will see how it runs on it. But will probably stick to the BP which has been great to date and save the 2c/l.

for say 60 litres...saving .02c per litre will save u a total of $1.20...

if its really that much strain on the budget.....go ahead..

Mike owns a Caltex? :blink:

Our parents own it.

I've seen V98 around here sitting at like 1.499 for ages. The reason I buy it is because PULP (Vortex Gold - 95 octane) is only like 2 cents cheaper and I get more k's out of V98.

Not all Caltex's are Woolies ;) Man some customers hate that :lol:

Mike owns a Caltex? :blink:

Our parents own it.

I've seen V98 around here sitting at like 1.499 for ages. The reason I buy it is because PULP (Vortex Gold - 95 octane) is only like 2 cents cheaper and I get more k's out of V98.

Not all Caltex's are Woolies ;) Man some customers hate that :lol:

I know, but shop around for one that is and has Vortex 98 too ;)

sometimes its cheaper to just go to a normal Caltex though despite the 4c discount.

all these discounts are rigged!

not if you already have to do your shopping anyway...

also the Mobil one works if you are buying milk and bread... I wouldn't but anything else unless you are desperate though, it's not worth it.

someone ought to do some research into how much groceries inside a woolies store have gone up since the introduction of the discount vouchers. i can assure u all that even apart from that, fuel would not be this price if it wasnt for woolies and coles entering the market. and, just wait for the prices to go up further as woolies and coles have just been given much more control over the petrol market.

mtbrider, 12c is about right, but why does the 2 cent difference matter if the unleaded prices are different at bp and caltex? Vortex 98 is a better fuel, numerous tests have proven it (there are some tests that have been posted around here somewhere)

but i agree with george... do u wanna drive?? buy fuel and dont complain to me at the counter cos its got nothing to do with me... i gotta buy fuel too you know.

wait for cheap tuesdays!!!

no such thing anymore unfortunatly :( the cycle has been thrown out the window since coles and woolies joined... besides cheapest time used to be wednesday morning ;)

I'm going to invent a car that runs on Oporto. One for me, one for car, one for me, one for car, one for me, one for car...

Great idea!

BACK TO THE FUTURE ROB!!!

I'm going to invent a car that runs on Oporto. One for me, one for car, one for me, one for car, one for me, one for car...

Great idea!

BACK TO THE FUTURE ROB!!!

GREAT SCOTSS!!!!!

Dude I'd be so fat in the future from too much Oporto lol.