For all the old school computer freaks

xoom

Hey people,

i was digging around the net trying to find an version of an old game i used to play and i stubbled upon this legend of a site

http://nahoo.net/downloads/games/

it has almost all the old school titles .....

Man even police quest which i used to play when i was 11 on my 286 with its huge 30mb hard drive, EGA monitor, 2MB graphics card & 16MB ram ... WOW is that computer power or what :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mind u from memory it cost over $5K at the time & my old man had to borrow a 3.6kbps modem from work at the time as they were to expensive to own in ur own home ....

Enjoy

Bill

haha that's crazy. I remember Police Quest now that you mentioned it, just the name though... nothing about the game :lol:

My first computer was a 486 DX33. Cost around 3.5k at the time. Used to play Sam & Max and Day of the Tenticles for hours every day. Kings Quest was time consuming too. Those Sierra games were awesome.

Ah man the good old pre Windows days, DOS was alright. Anyone remember XTree Gold? :lol:

haha that's crazy. I remember Police Quest now that you mentioned it, just the name though... nothing about the game :lol:

My first computer was a 486 DX33. Cost around 3.5k at the time. Used to play Sam & Max and Day of the Tenticles for hours every day. Kings Quest was time consuming too. Those Sierra games were awesome.

Ah man the good old pre Windows days, DOS was alright. Anyone remember XTree Gold? :lol:

Kings quest ... yeah man that used 2 take hours n hours especially if u didnt know the command u wanted ....

I also remember the first versions of leisure suit larry ... lol ....

Mate Xtree gold .... man in DOS that was the bomb .... did a quick google n look what came up ...

http://www.xtreefanpage.org/

It actually has a fan site ....

http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/xtree_gold.html

xtree for windows at the link above .....

Kings quest ... yeah man that used 2 take hours n hours especially if u didnt know the command u wanted ....

I also remember the first versions of leisure suit larry ... lol ....

Mate Xtree gold .... man in DOS that was the bomb .... did a quick google n look what came up ...

http://www.xtreefanpage.org/

It actually has a fan site ....

http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/xtree_gold.html

xtree for windows at the link above .....

LOL go Xtree Gold! That program was awesome!

hehe and police quest! driving in the game was hard... i kept crashing the car... especially when the had the game speed on fastest. LOL

Edited by neK

My first computer was a Commodore 64, Amiga 500, IBM XT - 8086 with monochrome screen, IBM AT 80286, Pentium III, and now Pentium IV...

The days of the bulletin boards before internet with a 300bps modem and pro comm plus lol...

Police quest - I had all 4 of them but never finished the first crime scene lol...

Leisure Suit Larry - that was one of the best games ever...

Xtree Pro Gold - used that many times - before windows 3.1 came out. DOS was it, I still code up windows shell scripts today and get paid for it LOL...

I think I'm oldest person here.

Hehe,

Atari, Amiga 500, Commodore 64 then came the 386 for me bill haha. I'm with you man. I've had the ports for Police Quest 1 and 2, Space Quests (pref number 6, haha hell funny). Additionally, if anyone is an old school FPS (first person shooting) fanatic, I have the methods to run games like Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior (you want some wang?) and Blood on an XP environment.

Go old school geeks!!! lmao

Has any of u guys played/heard of a really old school game called STUNT?

U can build your own tracks (inc. jumps, barrels, etc.) and race around it with all sorts of cars.

That would have been my first racing game and it was great! :rolleyes: good times

DHC09 - that games called STUNTS I think

Yep the game was called stunts .....

i remember that game... took ages to load via floppy.

i use to build a really long straight with ramp at the end and launch the car, man that was fun!

I dunno if anyone else found this problem with the game but if u picked the F1 car and u got it to redline in its final gear the car would get stuck @ top speed .... lol

Or the best bug i found in the game was launching the F1 car when it was @ top speed on those loop the loop things and if u steered off at the top it would shoot up into the air .... lol

I dunno if anyone else found this problem with the game but if u picked the F1 car and u got it to redline in its final gear the car would get stuck @ top speed .... lol

Or the best bug i found in the game was launching the F1 car when it was @ top speed on those loop the loop things and if u steered off at the top it would shoot up into the air .... lol

yep I did that one too Bill... the best was when you misstime it and end up plowing the car into the ground head on :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i remember that game... took ages to load via floppy.

i use to build a really long straight with ramp at the end and launch the car, man that was fun!

hehe thats what i did too... i also placed that concrete building in the middle to jump over :lol:

and if ur good u can also try to land on the building B)

WOW Xtree Gold still lives? Man that's unbelievable. Good on them.

Stunts was a pretty slick game :D There was another pretty popular game that involved a lot of jumping with a funny looking alien like character. Command Keen I think. Anyone remember that? :lol:

Come to think of it, the Commodore 64 would have to be my first computer. Wizard of Wor was the best ;)

Here's a great site for many old games including Stunts ;)

http://www.abandonia.com/

I've spent hours browsing their catalogue. Alot of the games are downloadable while some are ESA protected, I can't believe how many games I used to have on the Amiga & C64...

And while i'm at it here's another site with many old C64 games playable on the Web i.e. no downloads required...

http://c64s.com/

Here's a great site for many old games including Stunts ;)

http://www.abandonia.com/

I've spent hours browsing their catalogue. Alot of the games are downloadable while some are ESA protected, I can't believe how many games I used to have on the Amiga & C64...

And while i'm at it here's another site with many old C64 games playable on the Web i.e. no downloads required...

http://c64s.com/

Great find mate! they also got stunts island!!!!! i used to play that when get bored of crashing cars in stunts :lol::lol::lol:

WOW Xtree Gold still lives? Man that's unbelievable. Good on them.

Stunts was a pretty slick game :D There was another pretty popular game that involved a lot of jumping with a funny looking alien like character. Command Keen I think. Anyone remember that? :lol:

Come to think of it, the Commodore 64 would have to be my first computer. Wizard of Wor was the best ;)

Commander Keen was awesome... as was the original Duke Nukem :)

comander keen .... sooo many hours enjoyment ! ...

and karateka ...

on my old old XT ... with no hard drive ...

had to load dos on floppy everytime it switched on .. .. then put the game floppy in ...

I wonder if the machine will still boot ???

hehehehe

I had one of those machines too Jason :)

California Games 1 and 2 were my favorites when we had that computer.

Had a 386 by the time Commander Keen eto were out.

and Super 4X4 racers or what ever it was called where you drive the Stadium Trucks and hit nitous all the time to win... that was awesome fun :D

hehehehe

I had one of those machines too Jason :)

California Games 1 and 2 were my favorites when we had that computer.

Had a 386 by the time Commander Keen eto were out.

and Super 4X4 racers or what ever it was called where you drive the Stadium Trucks and hit nitous all the time to win... that was awesome fun :D

they were awesome machines ... along with out dot matrix printer ... what a combo ! ..

but my next was a 486 ...

hey dylan .. i hope you have it still

apparently the XT's .... they used GOLD ... thats right .. GOLD on the motherboard circuits ...

Quick blast back to what I can remember of our old Ericsson XT (XT!!!!)

XTree Gold

Red baron

Damn..... that's all I got....