And the new 1ZZ record goes to!!!

Well DOne Mintos for breaking my 1ZZ time and proving that the 1ZZ is a force!!!

I will not post his time as ill wait for him to do that.

Also well done to Dennis foir geting a 15.4 out of his stock as a rock street trim stivo and all the other guy who ran. Dave MSSportivo

Ohh and also Pete's 93kw's getting him a 15.8 :P

Well done guys

Bill

Edited by SyxXPaC

Thanks bill! Told you i would get it...hehe

The slip is on the way, but i do have to say, i was a little dissappointed, i definitely feel there was easily potential to shave off another 1/2 second if 1st and 2nd werent lighting up. Well it was my first time on the strip so i guess it was ok, but maybe as Bill (Syxxpac) and Bill (xoom) suggested, running with some smaller wheels might improve the traction. :P

And damn...Pete got a 15.8? On ya man, i don't think you could get that with 93kw :P :P

hahaha!

Thanks bill!

pitty i only got 2 runs! i was just getting used to the car. i reckon with a little more practice im up there with bill & mintos.

Well we got to hit the track soon because its gonna start warming up.

posted!

hey guys do you know where you can get the photos for the night?

and yeah my time is easily beatable Pete, although i have to say, unless traction problems can be rectified, (eg, semi slicks) unless you are running an F/I setupi i don't think you could get a MUCH faster time with the 1zz just with N/A mods. They don't have the gearing and powerband of the stivos that gives them an advantage down the strip.

also, sucks how not many guys got many runs, i think i got the most with 4 runs, Tom only got 2, so did Pete, it was pretty busy and about an hour got taken out by some bucket of crap Mazda spilling its guts all over the strip and another car blowing up at the starting line <_<

posted!

hey guys do you know where you can get the photos for the night?

and yeah my time is easily beatable Pete, although i have to say, unless traction problems can be rectified, (eg, semi slicks) unless you are running an F/I setupi i don't think you could get a MUCH faster time with the 1zz just with N/A mods. They don't have the gearing and powerband of the stivos that gives them an advantage down the strip.

also, sucks how not many guys got many runs, i think i got the most with 4 runs, Tom only got 2, so did Pete, it was pretty busy and about an hour got taken out by some bucket of crap Mazda spilling its guts all over the strip and another car blowing up at the starting line <_<

the thing is my timing is out i keep hitting limiter! :angry:

Need to work on that! next time let more pressure out my tyres and get as much grip as possible! i definatly feel i can at least shave off 0.1

mintos are you crossing the line in 3rd?

i have to get into 4th just before the line, which is a tad annoying... on my first run i missed 4th :P popped straight into neutral and tried to keep hammering it :unsure:

anyway it was an alright night, even though i only got 2 runs... i had crap times... 16.1 and a 15.9...

congratulation again mintos -thats some crazy random times you've pulled out there...i didnt even know you ewre in the running for it :P

pete its on the sheet

i waiting for ur time so i can post the updated one up

if you got enough horsepower, you can make it through in 3rd :P

Horsepower or Limiter change?? either way you can make it through in 3rd :P

the change between each light is 0.4sec, when racing if you get less than 0.4 reaction time you "red-light" as you are deemed to have left on or before the last organge light and before the green.

straight from the Willowbank website:

Working The Lights

Before diving into an explanation of how to "cut a good light", you must remember two things. 1. Each lane is timed independently of the other, and 2. The timers do not start when the green light comes on!

To give an extreme example, if you were to sit on the start line until your opponent crossed the finish line and then leave, you may run a time much closer to your dial-in, , but he would easily win the race, simply because he had a much better reaction time - like around 15 seconds better! In real racing this sort of thing happens all the time, except the difference between reaction times is in hundredths of a second.

When you get your time slip after a run, look at your reaction time. Compare it to your opponent. Reaction times work on a simple principle. It measures the time from when the last amber come on to when your front wheel clears the start line beam. Now as there is exactly 4 tenths of a second between lights, it then follows that a "perfect light" will be four tenths of a second - meaning that the vehicle has cleared the stage beam at exactly the same time as the green light came on. This is shown on the time slip as .400. Anything less than this means that you left too early and red lighted (fouled) and any more than this is wasted time sitting at the start line.

Most newcomers to racing leave when the green light comes on. This will give a reaction time of well over a second. For example, if you pulled a 1.12 reaction time and your competition ran a .460, you have given away over six tenths start right at the start line. For a more graphic example, with two cars of the same performance running 100 mile an hour in the quarter mile, this .66 wasted at the start represents 96 feet or about 6 car lengths at the finish line!

So, lesson number one in cutting a good light is to forget abut the green. Try leaving as soon as you see the last amber light. You'll probably be surprised to find you did not red light. And when you get your time slip, you will be amazed at the difference in your reaction time. After that it is largely up to you and your vehicle. You should try to improve your reaction times until you can run in the mid fours. Forget about running .40's every run. Only very experienced racers with well set up cars can run reactions consistently in the low fours.

If you are puzzled why you can leave before the green light comes on, without triggering the red light ....,well, its simple. It's to do with reaction times. Firstly, your reaction to a signal, in this case the last amber will be around .17-.20. Medical studies have pegged average human reaction times at around this time. Secondly, the reaction time of your vehicle itself - the time it takes from when you stomp on the throttle to when your front tyres move out of the stage beam.

Therefore you can see that it takes almost half the time between the last amber and green to react and stand on the throttle, plus more than this time again, for your vehicle to move forward and clear the start line beam. Naturally, the slower the vehicle, the slower the "vehicle reaction" time is and the earlier you can leave on the lights.

This takes practice and varies from vehicle to vehicle.