And the new 1ZZ record goes to!!!

I wouldn't know because I haven't been on the drag strip, but have been told if I ever do, to start reacting on the last amber (Treat the last amber as a green), because in the time your body actually reacts, the tree has well and truly moved into the green.

Is this what practice most of you have been using ?

Edited by IZZ-FE

Straight from WSID INTERNATIONAL dragway.

When the starter is satisfied both cars are in stage he presses a button which activates a countdown of the three amber lights (each four-tenths of a second apart), and then the green. If you move before the green, remember that foul light – but don’t be tardy because if your opponent gets away from the start line before you, he has an advantage which you will have to overcome if you are to beat him to the finish line. Your response time to the green light, or reaction time, will instantly appear on the scoreboard in your lane. If you want the quickest reaction time, the best advice is to stand on the throttle as soon as you see the last amber light because by the time you’ve reacted and your car has responded, the green light will just be coming on.

Cash prizemoney will be handed out at each event for the three quickest reaction times before 9pm. Also a cash pool will be added to at each meeting and will be given to the first perfect reaction time. A “perfect reaction time” is .000.

so where does WSID measure their reaction time from?

the last amber or the green?

Most drag racing I've watched in real life and on TV measures from the last amber.

edit: WSID might be catering for the newbs with their reaction time display by measuring it from the green, the correct method might be a little to hard for those new south welshmen to comprehend ;)

Edited by rollamods