TRD CAI RUBBER HOSE

Hey..my friend must of done one of the clamps up to tight on the hose when i installed the CAI..

this morning i opened my bonnet up and realised there was a crack in the black hose where the clamp is...

i untightened the screw to release some of the pressure on it and drove the car to work like a pussy to reduce vibration...

the hose has yet to get a hole in it but it will get one eventually...

can someone tell me where i can get a replacement hose ASAP to replace the one on it right now before it goes completely....???

Do i ring up Castle Hill toyota and see if they got it??

Would wrapping some duct tape around it for now to support it be useful???

and how thick is the hose...i didnt measure it lol :unsure:

Hey..my friend must of done one of the clamps up to tight on the hose when i installed the CAI..

this morning i opened my bonnet up and realised there was a crack in the black hose where the clamp is...

i untightened the screw to release some of the pressure on it and drove the car to work like a pussy to reduce vibration...

the hose has yet to get a hole in it but it will get one eventually...

can someone tell me where i can get a replacement hose ASAP to replace the one on it right now before it goes completely....???

Do i ring up Castle Hill toyota and see if they got it??

Would wrapping some duct tape around it for now to support it be useful???

and how thick is the hose...i didnt measure it lol :unsure:

It's one of those elbow join rubber hoses isn't it? They are prone to cracking man. See if a rubber joiner like the Injen one will fit on your TRD one. They are really good man.

I'll find a pic, two secs.

I dont need a pic lol...i need to know where to get it from ..

like ASAP before damage gets done lol..

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...c=5951&st=0

That'll show you the difference. Finding something like this ASAP can be hard. Contant bb's garage and ask them about that joiner shown there man.

As for replacing it with something? Go to a hose fitting shop maybe and see if you can find something THICKER to replace it for the time being. Other than that, you may have to put the stock airbox back on until the problem is fixed. That might be the safer way.

Danz is also good with DIY problems with this stuff. PM him also man.

I'm going to have to find a way to repay him speaking of which, he's helped me so much.

The trd intake pipe is 2.75" or 70 mm.

GO to super cheap and get 2 clamps and they have intercooler piping connectors.Get the one with 70mm Internal diamature and you'll be right. I brought it from super cheap for $9.99 plus clamps ( which you could use the trd ones)

Thanks for the help....

i think the injen rubber is to short and it will need to raise the CAI by about 5 cms...

Ill check it out...hopefully it will last till the weekend..

if it goes ill just have unfiltered air going in lol...

Do you reckon if i ring a hose place they can make a custom one up for me???

You don't need a custom one, anyold silicon joiner will be fine, super cheap or autobarn will sell what you need.

Do you reckon if i ring a hose place they can make a custom one up for me???

You don't need a custom one, anyold silicon joiner will be fine, super cheap or autobarn will sell what you need.

buy an injen ;)

u can get them from car stores in general, a 3" elbow that downsizes to a 2.75"

I have some black windscreen silicone at home...reckon that will do???

not really... just get the 3" to 2.75" elbow from Supercheap, Repco, Autobarn etc... or try Rocket Industries if you cannot find the right size anywhere else.

Then take the faulty part back to Toyota and ask them to get a replacement... this has happened before the Bruce relaced them out of kindness, but since he no longer supplies TRD stuff I don't know...

Good old TRD intakes... never heard of any problems from AEM or Injen :rolleyes:

Injen one won't fit and you'll be really lucky if Supercheap or Autobarn have a 3" to 2.75" bend of the right radius to fit properly without resorting to overtightening clamps to get it to seal and fit properly. I've been down this road and your best bet is to contact TRD sales to get a new one or try a hose/hyraulic line shop to see if they have something. TRD rubber elbow is very unique in it's shape and I've been unable to get anything exactly the same.

In the meantime remove it and wrap it in 100mph tape then put it back on and don't do the clamps up so tight. ;)

I went to supercheap just today at lunchtime at the onlyu on woodville road has a 76mm to 70mm rubber intake hose its $19.95 just buy clamps as well and your done. its as long as the TRD one as well.

If you dont want that one just get this over the net takes 2 days to get to your door

Thermal Flex Reducer - 2.75 inch to 3.00 inch

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info....roducts_id=4390

$34

:)

Hey dude if you want just call the villwood supercheap store and get them to hold it for you till saturday and go to the monthly meet early and we can hook it up there.

Easy

Thanks Bill....

I have rung up Castle Hill Toyota and they said they were going to have a look for me to see if they got any....

they havnt called back yet...

so if worse comes to worse...ill go to supercheap...

might take some reinforcement with duck tape... :D

Edited by RedLiner

Im sure there is some sort of replacement!

You can even try a plumbing shop and see what rubber pipes they have!

problem is they may not be able to stand up to the throttle body temperatures and degrade

there is nothing wrong with the TRD intakes, when the split it seems to have been caused because the hose clamps have been over tightened. The TRD CAI on my old 1zz is still going strong after 50,000km of driving with no issues, in saying this the replacement bend that i received for my 2zz was of better quality IMO then the original one that was supplied.