Molded internal roof lining is unstuck

Steve gee

Hi all, My 1974 RT104GT has a molded flush roof lining which is stuck to a firm backing shaped roof liner board. Glue is dry and the fabric a light vinyl has come away. I figure if I take out the centre light and OK consollette I can spray in a glue/contact adhesive with a long nozzle I should be able to glue the liner back onto the board and smooth out the wrinkles from centre to the edge. Q? What adhesive to use that doesn't dissolve the roof lining and which will stay wet long enough to smooth out all the wrinkles, as the roof lining will be sagged and larger than original. I will have to take the side moldings off so I can smooth it good, What glue? Anyone?

View of centre roof fabric type third photo in first row.

Edited by Steve gee

Hi all, My 1974 RT104GT has a molded flush roof lining which is stuck to a firm backing shaped roof liner board. Glue is dry and the fabric a light vinyl has come away. I figure if I take out the centre light and OK consollette I can spray in a glue/contact adhesive with a long nozzle I should be able to glue the liner back onto the board and smooth out the wrinkles from centre to the edge. Q? What adhesive to use that doesn't dissolve the roof lining and which will stay wet long enough to smooth out all the wrinkles, as the roof lining will be sagged and larger than original. I will have to take the side moldings off so I can smooth it good, What glue? Anyone?

View of centre roof fabric type third photo in first row.

I used boncrete diluted 4:1 and it has stuck again. qed. Still need an L RT104 if anyone has one for sale for pieces.

Edited by Steve gee