Delve's rolla...

Delvance

nice mate - good to see another year corolla..

any performance mods?

Thanks blue_rolla :)

Yeah a few, she's my little torque monster. Last dyno run, she gave 243 nm of torque...and there's been a few upgrades since... maybe around 260 nm now ? At the very least, 250...and the best part ? She's still 1.6L n/a! Now if we're talking KW's, i have no hope against the 2ZZ...about on par with a lightly modded 1ZZ (kw wise).

I won't go into details about the mods because people would probably laugh :lol: (i've seen a few posts making fun of electric fans lol haha...that's horrible...i'm laughing, yet...i'm using them too hahaha =/...in all honesty, it does work though...i don't mean just one little one...more like a big one where half of the resonator box used to be...then alot of little ones leading up to the airbox and even within the airbox...i can honestly say it helps. Bottom end is alot better, however it does choke the top end - solved by installing two extra pipes from the airbox to the front bumper for more cold air goodness and ram effect...)

nice car

you say u would be on par with a lightly modded 1ZZ??

Ive got exhaust and intake and i wouldnt mind giving ya a go :P

Come to the drag day on the 30th :P

I just might, sounds fun and thanks! I've had a few 1ZZ rollas drag me off the lights before and i come out a little ahead.

The problem is the damn auto box on it...the car was bought cheap off a family friend and was not intended to end up like this...if i don't buy a sportivo/another car next year, i'll get a manual conversion done.

How much torque does a lightly modded 1ZZ give ? I'd imagine with intake and exhaust, there'll probably be ~112 kw at engine ?

I just wish i could extract a bit more kw out of the 4a-fe. I'd guesstimate it has about 110 at the engine. The torque curve however, is beautifully flat...on the last dyno run, the torque curve started at 180 and went upto ~240 (a few mods ago too).

Btw, nice avatar/photo!

Edited by Delvance

dynos hardly give accurate tourqe curves

WIth intake exhaust a 1zz can gets around 85 - 92kw's At the wheels. looking at around 115- 120 at the fly.

I'd like to see your quarter mile in a auto. As 1zz autos are a second slower then manual from stock.

I would doubt very much that you would get under 16.2 which is waht some stock 1ZZs can give.

But hey you could prove me wrong.

Where can i find soem times frm a 4a-fe???

Just did some research

i found a 4a-fe ran a 16.1 decked out with trd parts from spark plug leads to headers to exhaust ( Manual also) so we have 1zz's with intake and exhaust getting 15.7 .8 . 9 quite easy.

Would be interesting though. Better to do it on the track then talk on here ;P

hope to see u at wsid dude The more rollas the better :P

SyxXPaC,

Yup definitely, pointless talking here. I'll try and make it, either way i won't be dissappointed if it's decent or not... getting another car next year anyways lol. I'll almost definitely make it to the next meet though.

Blue_Stivo,

Yep, the 1.8L had the 7a-fe. The 1.6L have the 4a-fe. Very very similar engines, just the stroke on the 7a-fe is longer and has a 7 more kw's at the engine plus a whee bit more torque.