how to fix a crooked steering wheel

lauschie

gday guys,

what part does a wheel aligner adjust to make a steering wheel go back to centre after a alignment?? is there anyway to make sure a steering wheel goes back to dead centre??

all the best,

lauschie

My steering wheel was off center when I bought my car. Im not sure if you can do it yourself but I let my dealer know about the issue and they were able to adjust it. Took about 20 mins as they kept on adjusting and test driving the car.

Just means the steering wheel was not 100% true when they did the alignment. I have the same problem, It's off by maybe 3 degrees. It only really bothers me when I'm reversing as I like to use the steering angle as a guide.

it's fixed by shortennig/lengthening the control arms but keeping the alignment. I don't advise doing this without the alignment measureing tools.

oh man everypost that comes from u is a steering issue or sway bar or wheel alignment or strut bar its always handeling problem ur car might just be f***ed or ur chassis might be bent thats why it aint going straight happen to my frens integra his got his chassis bent and he put coils,sways, wheel alignments and it all doesnt fix the problem the only goddamn way to fix it is sell the c**t u must of been in a accident or somthing to keep posting about these problems

Steve....