WINGTIPS

anthoboi

hey there ...

was wandering is there n e other company dat makes those wing tips like c 1's one .. ? that are like in australia LOL ....i cant get over the fact that 2 pieces of plastic cost over $300 even if its imported.. LOL i know i feel a bit tite.. buh *** damn LOL

thanks

antho_boi

hey there ...

was wandering is there n e other company dat makes those wing tips like c 1's one .. ? that are like in australia LOL ....i cant get over the fact that 2 pieces of plastic cost over $300 even if its imported.. LOL i know i feel a bit tite.. buh *** damn LOL

thanks

antho_boi

Sorry i don't dude....but no ur right man....300 smackas for that?!!! :o

U must be REAL keen....!

I recommend the C-Ones as well. Ive just recently got them put onto mine and im very happy with them. Perfect fit.

You have to remember if you gonna get some cheap ones the manufacturer will cut corners so you may find that it doesnt fit 100%. May as well pay a bit more money for somthing that will look good and last. :)

good on you c-one people...

im currently in the middle of making my own wingtipz...

$270+ for 2 peices of plastic that really dont do much besides look different to regular corolla spoilers really isnt worth it!

if your not that much of a designer or dont like to do modifications/repairs DIY or generally good with your hands then obviously your only option is to buy c-onez.

on the other hand, if you are like me - not particularly afraid of experimentation, then i suggest you get yourself the following ingredientz

* FIBREGLASS KIT from bunningz

* acetate

* new paintbrush

* masking tape

* scissors

* chicken wire

* newspaper

* kitchen aluminum foil

* bondo

* sandpaper

* old (but clean) cloth

* doublesided tape or screwz (havent decided yet) can anyone tell me how the c-one wingtips are attached?

* primer

* colourmatch to your cars paint colour

* clear coat

* aircompressor & spraygun

im still at the fibreglassing stage but yea... so far hasnt cost me more than 100 since i had much of this stuff lying around.

of course if you have NONE of these things at home, air compressors arent cheap! primer filler, colourmatched paint & clearcoat costs round 40-50 bucks and the fibreglass kit also pushes round 35+ bucks.

**********actually thinking about it now... if you dont have any of this sh!t lying around you might as well buy the c-ones, coz itll save you all this damn trouble! hahaha! ************

in any case, if anyone with c-one wingtips is able to take clear pics of their wingtips b4 they were installed, i would much appreciate it if you could post the pics up in here... atm im basing my design on the c-one websites pics which show you the basic look of the wingtipz, not how they are attached although i think i saw screws attaching it to the spoiler? are they regular screws or like racing alan key type of screws?

any help with the pics are much appreciated.

if all goes well id be more than happy to put a tutorial on DIY c-one style wingtipz which means you can save money by DIY. if it doesnt work.. then i aint afraid of telling people it fcuked up either. so yea...

please.... help us out ay?!

post your wingtip pics!

as well as any manual/directions as to how they were installed! thankyou!

Edited by JJCRU23R

thankx...

quick update on DIY wingtips -

first of all ive just learnt why its called fibreglass...

bloody sharp! ALWAYS USE GLOVES AND EYEWEAR

last thing you want is a splinter of fibreglass stuck in your fingers or in your eye...

also.. i moulded it so well to the spoiler that it wont come off!!! hahahaa crap

just gotta find a way to SAFELY cut the fibreglass free from the spoiler.

(btw i havent installed my spoiler yet.. jst sitting in my garage.)

Uplate update -

it was 11.30 and i finally managed to persuade the fibreglass to separate from the spoiler.

pics are down below.

as you can see, all i did was make a fibreglass mould straight from the original spoiler. obviously i have to clean up the edges. after i make a mould of the left side and dry that out, ill add the bits thatll make it look more wingtippy.

if youve watched pimp my ride and noticed the way they made custom subwooferboxes with fibreglass, im pretty much employing some of the same sort of principals to make these wingtipz. but since what i am making is smaller and in an unusual shape, im gonna have to give it some structure - thats when the chicken wire comes in. its easy to shape and mould and its probebly something youve done done b4 in highschool art class :P after that, slap on a cloth over the chickenwire, add resin + fibreglass the thing.

after the basic shape is done..

i just plan on sanding it down, smoothing it out with bondo, spray on primer, colourmatch acrylic paint and clear coat it.

thats basically how im going about it... ill post more pics as the project developz.

jase

I made my wingtips out of paper meche and coated it in araldyte. Strong as, can't tell the difference between c-one and these ones. $5 to make.

Any picies Rob? :D

I made my wingtips out of paper meche and coated it in araldyte. Strong as, can't tell the difference between c-one and these ones. $5 to make.

Any picies Rob? :D

GROUP BUY

:P :P :P

Hey man,

I was thinkin of doing a similar thing for custom front n rear eyelids wit da paper meche...U think it'd work? n wat's araldyte?

Hey man,

I was thinkin of doing a similar thing for custom front n rear eyelids wit da paper meche...U think it'd work? n wat's araldyte?

Oh it'd work alright. Araldyte is a very strong adhesive glue.

Ones I prepared earlier:

Prawn%20cracker.jpg

The badger fusion:

badger.jpg

I have personally seen the c-one wingtips though. They are excellent. Very sturdy and finished well with no rough edges at all.

Edited by bADbOYz

I guess some like to rice up there cars, others like to... badger crackers them up! :lol:

The badger is wise and humble phill...

but doesn't look good fused with a prawn cracker and used as a wingtip :( i'm taking it off this arvo on a count of the fact that people have pointed at me all day and laughed. One guy told me that, "I suck harder than Paris Hilton on 4 hits of ecstasy". Now that's lame :(

Probably do what Shao did...buy c-one yo. Gotta be true JDM after all.

Whats JDM Rob? I hear that word here and there in this forum not knowing what it is?

Japanese Domestic Market.

The good shiznit man ;) JDM products are the bomb.

Do they have any website's showing there products? Im curious now.

Whats JDM Rob? I hear that word here and there in this forum not knowing what it is?

JDM aren't a business man...it's a way of tuning. It's style ;)

Eg: Brian (banGn's) Sportivo is very JDM style (17in gram light rays (JDM), cf bonnet (JDM), spec III axle back muffler (JDM)...etc

JDM aren't a business man...it's a way of tuning. It's style ;)

Eg: Brian (banGn's) Sportivo is very JDM style (17in gram light rays (JDM), cf bonnet (JDM), spec III axle back muffler (JDM)...etc

Ah saaw! I get it now!