Recall Official

Thanks to friends in toyota i was able to get this information.

107/2004

18:15

Monday_ 28 June 2004

Corolla Sportive Update

TMCA is working closely with TMC and the Australian Government to address an engine power rating discrepancy affecting Corolla Sportive vehicles.

The relevant Government agencies have reviewed TMCA proposals to respond to this issue and TMCA is now working to finalise the necessary formal submissions and approvals.

It will be necessary to replace some parts on the vehicles currently held from sale and preparations for production and supply of those parts are well under way.

Current outlook for release of the held vehicles is unlikely to be before the end of August this year and further information wHl be forwarded as soon as it becomes available.

TMCA is also preparing information for all customers who have already taken delivery of affected Corolla Sportivo vehicles with clear advice of this issue. It will be sent at the earliest possible opportunity.

TMCA sincerely regrets any inconveniences experienced by dealers and customers resulting from this matter.

Regards,

Gary Knight

National Sales Manager

So when will we be notified about the recall??

Good work ADR_rolla for this valuable info..oh i was wondering if this meant they also have a fix for the rattles coming from the gear box??

Hi Guys,

(this ones for u cam aka oz_viking ;) ;) from ur helpful "info wizard" ;) ;) )

Something i have dug up in my sloothing around with my detective suit on. Being that i have spoken with the guys from the goverment who are testing our cars here is something you may all find very interesting that probably not a lot of people know about.

http://dynamic.dotars.gov.au/recalls/index.asp

There is the recalls sections & the defects section and at the moment our car doesnt appear in either so i guess we shall wait & see as April 2004 is the latest date that they currently have recorded.

(or if ur clever just change the date range in the URL to get the latest info ;) ;) e.g.

http://dynamic.dotars.gov.au/recalls/Searc...erange=06/30/04

just happens to show June's data even though there is no June in the drop down. What a system ;) ;) )

If you thought our car was bad check this out about the Mazda 6

Defect: Possibility exists for fuel tank to melt or deform as a result of radiant exhaust heat, due to insufficient clearance between exhaust pipe and fuel tank.

Consequences: In severe cases the fuel tank may leak and in a worst case scenario, a fire may develop, although there have not been any reported cases in Australia to date.

Like i said i like to know everything and anything and i shall stay informed whether the big companies like it or not :lol::lol: :P :P

Cheers

Bill

Man check out the big boys cars n wats wrong there

hows this for a GT3 Porsche

Defect: A loose threaded joint in the power steering plumbing in the engine bay may leak.

Consequences: Power steering may fail or the fluid if it contacts a source of ignition could cause a fire.

Jag XJ or S type or XK

Defect: The auto transmission from stationary because of low oil pressure or a sticking valve may go into reverse when drive is selected.

Consequences: A potential accident

and lets not forget the people at Audi (A3, A4/B6, A6, C5 Allroad and TT)

Defect: The drivers side steering wheel airbag may not deploy properly when required.

Consequences: The driver may suffer additional injury.

hmmm im starting to think understating the power isnt as bad as these guys.

Bill

Great snooping around guys, never knew that such a website existed. Will hope to see our car up there soon. Besides, the rumours have been confirmed so now it's waiting time. Better hold off all mods till we hear from Toyota.

thanks guys, those sites are very interesting. if the sportivo get on the list, it will give me great pleasure in contacting the service manager at the toyota dealership i purchased my car from and being able to say his talking cr@p, when he says that there is no recall.

cheers

I'm wondering whether our cars will ever appear on the recall lists. Having been to the sites mentioned above they seem to be only for issues relating to safety and not misrepresentation of engine output. But I shall wait for my letter from Mr Toyota with baited breath.

Might borrow xoom's detective suit and do some sloothing of my own. I shouldn't confess to this.....but I work for DOTARS albeit not in the Regulatory area.

-David

I'm wondering whether our cars will ever appear on the recall lists. Having been to the sites mentioned above they seem to be only for issues relating to safety and not misrepresentation of engine output.

I agree with you David. Anyway Toyota should recall our cars to get them fixed :angry:.