Sydney meet

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so here is the deal as well,

everyone has to remember that at the moment it is double points so we will be pretty restricted in driving terms.

i think that what we should do is wait until double points is over, that way there will be less police out on say a monday night. and we should plan it properly like a week in advance.

does anyone know when double points ends, and then we can arrange the meet for after then.

and blackrolla (and any others) what nights are you not working til 9pm or is it a 7 days a week type thing.

i reckon an early jan meet would be great

No one is working on boxing day, is that right? Why not have a meet that day/night? Dont have to do time trials or anything like that, just 10+ Rollas/who ever wants to join, go for a cruise and park somewhere and show off the beast for all. I guess picking a spot where the most noticing will occur would need to be found.

Tell me, if you were parked on a well trafficed street and you saw, say 10+ cars of the same make and model are parked on the side of the road, would you look? I would, The double demerits shouldnt be an issue, u take a slow cruise to the nominated spot and watch your admires!!

Nah i didnt mean it that way, hey id love to be there aswell, but i live an hour away from sydney and i dont finish work untill 6 most nights and im not going to go for a cruise in a shirt and tie. Public Holiday has its advantages of everyone being free but it has its draw backs of double demerits, but i would love to see as many sportivos parked on a main street and everyone just looking, Im sure there would be plenty of offers for a run from others

Cruze on a public holiday would be a good idea ;)

Maybe we could drive and park at some beach(s).

to answer mickeyg's question about double demerits.

(stright from the RTA site)

'Double demerit points will apply throughout NSW from 24 December 2003 to 4 January 2004 inclusive' B)

sweet thanks for that, i needed to know that anyway.

yeah i'm up for a boxing day cruise, also means that we can do it during the day which is good.

the beach sounds like a good idea but good luck for ten cars finding parking near eachother on a very hot boxing day. beaches will be packed as all hell

but we can try

we'll just have to save the racing for another day :(

hahha everyone will be out on boxing day, what else is there to do but cruise around, go to parks and beaches and chill.....if im free (which i am at this stage then yeah i'll be there)....

If its gonna be insanely hot during the day i think a cruise in the evening would be little better, esp on the roads too as there will be less traffic and it should be easier to park if we're going to popular places in syd??

We have started a cult!!! We have melbournians wanting to join in :) :) :) :)

Now that we have picked the day, we need to pick a beach, Im from wollongong and i know that south beach down here gets a big turn out of cars. I also know that brighton gets a big turn out aswell

any partners and girls are welcome.

it's really impressive when you see a chick who is actually INTERESTED in cars.

my cousin actually borrows my HOT4s mags and when she sees a car..tries to name the make and model....

really...umm....cool i guess. hehehe :D