How do you mount your TomTom SatNav in a Corolla? (TT One/TT Go x10)

Hello everyone,

I am scheduled to pick up my new Levin next week and researching on how to mount a TomTom SatNav. I am looking at a TTOne or a TT Go 710/910.

I do not like the windscreen mounting which comes with the TT as I have heard there are loads of problems (marks on screen, falls off, drooping etc..) and from a security perspective theives would know I have a satnav in the car and be tempted to steal it.

I saw there is a TT One mounting kit from a company in the UK which sells a mount either active (with power) and passive (without power) which sits over one of the air-con/fan ducts. Has anyone had an experience with this mount and is it easy to remove and setup. I am looking for a solution in which is easy to setup/remove.

Has anyone used a TT Go 710/910 in a Corolla '06? These units are slightly bigger/deeper/heavier than the TT One. I am considering getting one, but the mounting issue is making me go with the TT One at the moment.

Cheers.

Edited by Hattori Hanzo

I have an Asus 636 with copiliot in my sportivo and i use the suction cap on the windscreen and thir is no marks, doesnt fall off etc... if you dont want it on ur winscreen u will need to find/make some bracket to mount elsewhere

Hello everyone,

I am scheduled to pick up my new Levin next week and researching on how to mount a TomTom SatNav. I am looking at a TTOne or a TT Go 710/910.

I do not like the windscreen mounting which comes with the TT as I have heard there are loads of problems (marks on screen, falls off, drooping etc..) and from a security perspective theives would know I have a satnav in the car and be tempted to steal it.

I saw there is a TT One mounting kit from a company in the UK which sells a mount either active (with power) and passive (without power) which sits over one of the air-con/fan ducts. Has anyone had an experience with this mount and is it easy to remove and setup. I am looking for a solution in which is easy to setup/remove.

Has anyone used a TT Go 710/910 in a Corolla '06? These units are slightly bigger/deeper/heavier than the TT One. I am considering getting one, but the mounting issue is making me go with the TT One at the moment.

Cheers.

Ive got the Garmin Nuvi 310 and it sticks to the windscreen no problems. I think you just got to make sure that the surface of the winscreen is clean and mayby even moisen the suction cup so it can grip better.

But I know what you mean about leaving the mount on the screen. It does advertise that you have a GPS but if your in a bad area you can always quickly take it off.