Censorships,Sponsorships & Power Trips

RedLiner

When the last Rugby world cup was on....the Australian Team was sponsored by Vodafone...

but because the actual tournament was sponsored by telstra..they were not allowed to wear the sponsorship on the Jersey...

so what does vodafone do....they paid someone to streak displaying the vodafone symbols etc etc....

The american govt sends troops to iraq..basically to meet their deaths....what does the american govt do..they censor the news so the american ppl dont get angry..and they dont lose power...

In the more immediate world...we have TOCAU...with some moderators who receive commision for every topic they close that does not mention a CES product...or for every post they make that mentions CES

Re: TRD HEADERS TOPIC....never did i mention CES..i did not ask for which one was better...i just wanted help with a simple issue i had...

Along comes a CES comment from a CES employee..or asskisser...depending on what you prefer...1..2..3..

TOPIC CLOSED..

May i ask..since when did TOCAU members lose there right to free speech..??

Maybe..i dont know...since CES started sponsoring this forum....or should i say some guy in England.

Yes..this has been covered on numerous occasions before....but as long as censorships and power trips exist....these topics will keep popping up...

WATCH THIS TOPIC GET CLOSED TOO...OR DELETED..OR MAYBE IM FINALLY GOING TO GET BANNED..

but i believe in free speech....i can say and do what i want...

if i want to install TRD headers..i may choose to do so...there is no one in here to make laws against that..

Thankyou

Edited by RedLiner

no one cares any more george ...

just let it go ...

woooo saaaaaa

pretty much sums it up.

on a side note for those who are bit slow on the uptake, nobody on the forums makes any sort of financial gains from CES. You guys are never happy you bitched when they didn't advertise and now you bitch when the do, you cant have your cake and eat it too...

You guys are never happy you bitched when they didn't advertise and now you bitch when the do, you cant have your cake and eat it too...

Hey I'm happy. I have my awesome car, my family, friends and my pet gopher. It's all good. Never really bitched about anything huge on here at all to be honest :blink:

When the last Rugby world cup was on....the Australian Team was sponsored by Vodafone...

but because the actual tournament was sponsored by telstra..they were not allowed to wear the sponsorship on the Jersey...

so what does vodafone do....they paid someone to streak displaying the vodafone symbols etc etc....

if i want to install TRD headers..i may choose to do so...there is no one in here to make laws against that..

Thankyou

2 Things of getting ur facts corrected George....

1) Vodafone was not in no way involved, responsible, accountable for a guy to shake his willy @ the kiwi's

2) Mate im getting the lawyers to draft up the paper work now .... TRD will soon become an illegal substance ....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On a serious note .... come on guys .... measure them up .... work out who's bigger and be done with it

Am I the only one who thinks George has a right to be agrieved at this. Brennden had no right to even be posting the things he said in the thread in question. It was invalid and completely off topic. OK well it started on topic but then he continued to ramble on about.... you know what, for no reason. There was no arguement to start, George was only asking a legitimate question about how to stop the car from hissing now he changed the headers.

As far as I'm concerned the 1st paragraph was legit... the last 2 lines were not needed and well OT... George gave it the reaction it deserved.

I never read the thread because I had no interest in that point in TRD Headers nor do I know anything about them so I left it alone....

Was there a CES Comment....??? OMG

I couldn't care...

What I would say though is this. If George has a grievance with Brennden's moderating style, he should maybe contact Brennden directly and discuss this with him, failing that, contact Steve.....

I am not going to get into hissy fits over whos hsould and shouldn't be promoting what products, nor will I get into anymore about which products are best, because at the end of the day it comes down to one key factor - "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO USE"

I am about to obtain myself a CAI. Although I have seen the CES unit and believe it works based on figures I have seen on the cars it is installed in, I have chosen to take the TRD Option, why, because I want it red.

I have met Trevor (from CES) and his wife and the other blokes that work there. It is a good workshop with good people, but I am not going to get on here and shake their tockleys for them. Others may.

I think this is an ongoing gripe (the CES Vs Non-CES supporters) that is never going to be resolved as long as we have people that crack the poops everytime someone mentiones those three letters.

As I said, if George has a legitimate beef withg Bren over comments he made, he should take them up with Bren, or failing that, Steve. Sorry George, but I don't believe posting a thread like this is fair to either one of you. It's not fair to Bren because you are airing the issues wyou have with him before he has a chance to respond to your concerns, and it's not fair to you because your paining yourself as a bad guy.

Long Live CES, TRD, Injen and any other product designed for Corolla's around the world.

Use the product you like.

Then do what makes you happy....

Peace

Aaron

Well seen as we now need to air the grievances and everyone alse has had their say I guess it's my turn :P

Firstly my mind and I'm sure that a lot others on here are boggled at how an ECU reset can resolve a hissing noise :blink: That one is going in my all time book of quotes ;)

Secondly I was responding to Badboyz comment above my first post where he has mentioned about the Celica boys in the states modifying the stock headers and getting far better gains than TRD ones. This is what CES have done and as I posted have been in the same car with both headers and you can physically feel the difference between the 2.

I didn't say the TRD ones don't work but more so they will work with a lot of internal work(also as Badboyz mentioned) Again taken out of context <_<

Redliner you then made your smart alec comment about "yeah whatever LOL" which is not what I would have expected of you. I still find it hard that so many on here know so much about products they've only seen pictures of?

Redliner you then continued with the whole cost of TRD vs CES etc etc which by this time I realised you obviously weren't thinking straight quoting prices that are totally unheard of?

It was then that I decided to close the thread before you and others started usual goings on and hence it was stopped.

As for your outlandish comments about me being paid by CES I must admit I am extremely dissappointed as by the looks of things on here if this is the case(which it is not :angry: ) then there are members on here who are being paid by Injen,TRD,AEM,Shift Performance etc etc because all of their comments / recommendations are about the same product or company.

My rebuttal.... take it or leave it ;)

I'd just like to point out I have nothing against CES. They are a great company that make supurb products. I wouldn't have bought their exhaust ifI didn't think so. Nor do I have an issue with Brennden, I respect his experience and opinions as always having been in the industry for a long time. I took issue with the way Brennden handled this particular situation, that's all.

1. If this is a non issue...why was my topic closed?

2. What had CES got to do with my original question in the topic?

Brennden obviously you cant tell the difference between sarcastic and straight to the point comments.

If your still wondering what the ECU had to do with the extractors....i dont know...all i know is that the problem i had is gone after i reset the ECU again...

..and i only thought about it after i had a simple convo with a guy that drives a worked Honda Type R..

no one on here was able to say straight to me.."its ur ecu"

I got no problem with CES either....no where have i mentioned anything bad about them...

but the thread hijacking..for the sake of advertising has to stop..

ohh..and congratulations for ur best engine bay prize...

From what i read of your TRD Headers hissing thread George, it sounded like the thread was starting to head into a CES vs Non CES.

And due to that it was closed before any more heated arguments could arise. (Thats assuming no posts were deleted/edited).

As for the ECU reset, i think Brennden was merely questioning the logical sequence behind it, whether or not it was really the ECU reset, or whether the ECU reset triggered something else which fixed it.

Because from a mechanical point of view, if something is supposedly leaking, reseting the ECU shouldnt make a difference.

Obviously offence was taken on both sides due to misinterpretation. Anyways, we should all move on and leave things as they are. If the ECU reset really did fix it (irrespective whether or not one can understand the logic behind it), then we should all note it down as a thing to try in future if we experience similar situations.

Considering when we call IT helpdesk the first thing they always say is reboot your PC, id say ECU reset is worth the shot. :)

Computers hardware never make sense, sometimes these things want to work, sometimes they dont. (Something ive learnt in fixing so many computers.... logic just needs to be thrown out the door at times).

As for the thread hijacking, I saw that Brennan wanted to provide feedback on TRD vs CES headers, (and made a very good point on the price vs performance issue). I can also see how one can construe that its viral marketing within the forums, however if someone else said CES were better, and had no past affliation with CES, im sure the "CES pays the mod" issue would not have arisen.

I think we all need to take a breather and step back to re-assess the situation, we're here to discuss products and how they work for our cars, lets just leave it at that eh.

PS: George, im sure you'll back TRD headers going forward because you think they are good, however it does not mean you are working for TRD (or gets paid to market them) either, so just cos Brennan backs CES, it does not mean he works for CES (or gets paid by them to market them).

Its a good product in his opinion, so he has the right to say so.

Edited by neK

It wasn't turning into a CES vs Non CES arguement I think. People simply percieved it would. I myself was only pointing out that with the TRD headers they become even better with internal work to back it. They are fine stock. The CES headers are better suited to a stock setup fair enough. I've known that porting the stock headers and treating them has been the better option for yonks on a stock setup (thanks to the boys in the States and also my Irish mate) so that's why I'm having it done myself. The thread may have been fine because there are people on here that still think with a level head.

not saying you were, but it could have eventuated into one.

I guess in this case the mods thought prevention would be better.

Looking back at the thread it seems to have been stopped at the pinnicle moment where something bad could have happened actually lol. Not by Redliner, but by anyone else who is really really opinionated. Giorgi is upset his thread was turned into a sh!t fight that's all.

Oh well, all buried and done with now.