Carmate - can they be trusted?

STAY AWAY FROM CARMATE! my gf bought me side skirts from carmate for my celica and then when i saw my car after they painted and fitted the side skirts onto my car is was so dissapointed because of big gaps, there was paint runs all over the side skirt, the whole quality of the side skirt and the painting was so bad i made them paint the side skirt again...i ended up just getting new side skirts when i got my complete kit from another place.

My friend bought a kit from them after not listening to me and he got ripped off hard and he tried getting his kit fitted but panel shops ending up rejecting the job because they saw how bad quality the kit was so he ended up trying to fit the kit himself with lots of modifications, in the end it looked look **** and the car looks bodgy and no1 wants to buy his car

Edited by tinkz

STAY AWAY FROM CARMATE! my gf bought me side skirts from carmate for my celica and then when i saw my car after they painted and fitted the side skirts onto my car is was so dissapointed because of big gaps, there was paint runs all over the side skirt, the whole quality of the side skirt and the painting was so bad i made them paint the side skirt again...i ended up just getting new side skirts when i got my complete kit from another place.

My friend bought a kit from them after not listening to me and he got ripped off hard and he tried getting his kit fitted but panel shops ending up rejecting the job because they saw how bad quality the kit was so he ended up trying to fit the kit himself with lots of modifications, in the end it looked look **** and the car looks bodgy and no1 wants to buy his car

Carmate bad.

JDM good.

lol

see, this is why this forum has gone down hill, with bias opinions based on granny style options like fitting factory body kits from toyota and c-one, and even still basing your opinions on a movie scene, grow up. Yous all want to look different, stand out and be scene, but to me, yous all look the same, "WOAH man hes got a sportivo lip", dude my mums got a sportivo, if its available from factory, how exactly are yu gonna stand out??

Carmate like every other bodykit manufacturers have imperfections, they use fibreglass moulds to make there kits, personally i wouldnt deal with someone who wanted to set up an account with me either, with no prior customer history especially.

i think, $400 is an extremely good price for fitment, considering carmate make bulk kits daily, getting out little imperfections is pointless to them, untill fitment, cause there most likely to get damaged in transport anyways, i paid $500 for my carmate kit to get fitted, that included painting, high filled, and small jobs to make it a perfect fit, and that was a smash repairs, therefore carmate are more likely to do a better job considering they are fibreglass moulders...

so, if you wanna stand out and be seen amongst these toyota grannys, spend the measly $800 for FITTED compared to the over a grand price for SUPPLY ONLY..

see, this is why this forum has gone down hill, with bias opinions based on granny style options like fitting factory body kits from toyota and c-one, and even still basing your opinions on a movie scene, grow up. Yous all want to look different, stand out and be scene, but to me, yous all look the same, "WOAH man hes got a sportivo lip", dude my mums got a sportivo, if its available from factory, how exactly are yu gonna stand out??

Carmate like every other bodykit manufacturers have imperfections, they use fibreglass moulds to make there kits, personally i wouldnt deal with someone who wanted to set up an account with me either, with no prior customer history especially.

i think, $400 is an extremely good price for fitment, considering carmate make bulk kits daily, getting out little imperfections is pointless to them, untill fitment, cause there most likely to get damaged in transport anyways, i paid $500 for my carmate kit to get fitted, that included painting, high filled, and small jobs to make it a perfect fit, and that was a smash repairs, therefore carmate are more likely to do a better job considering they are fibreglass moulders...

so, if you wanna stand out and be seen amongst these toyota grannys, spend the measly $800 for FITTED compared to the over a grand price for SUPPLY ONLY..

Research before you type d!ckhead. I watched a documentary on the movie. The car was real, and it used a bomex kit (one example of many decent bodykits you can grab) and I've researched the materials used in the making of the c-one kits and bomex kits (not to mention MANY others). Research is an amazing thing.

You clearly need to do it instead of coming in here and saying, "Ho ho ho mate you're a w@nker ho ho ho grow up ho ho ho". I've SEEN the what happens with fibreglass kits and was offering input and was not maliciously attacking anyone at all. My opinions are in no way biased, and neither are any others in this thread itself. THEY ARE BASED ON OPINION AND FACT. Speaking of which, you seem very opinionated yourself (even though you are somewhat similar to a gibbering mental patient). So why don't you take your opinions and overgrown egotisical excuse for a cerebral cortex and take them to Carmate if you love them so much? We really don't care what you do.

IT'S NOT ABOUT STANDING OUT WITH MOST OF US. IT'S ABOUT WALKING OUT INTO YOUR DRIVEWAY AND SAYING, "I LOVE MY CAR, AND HOW IT GOES AND LOOKS...AND I WANT TO DRIVE IT."

Do you really think the people that have fitted sportivo kits to their rollas care about what you're saying?

You grow up, and go be a show pony somewhere else.

PS: Why don't you put a fully sick kit and paint job on an Excel with 20's? What an idea. You'll stand out then (as a moronic ******) but hey, you'll still stand out.

I purchased a full Zender polyurethane kit from Carmate, price was excellent, shipping was very fast, kit fitted as expected. They were very easy to deal with.

PS: Why don't you put a fully sick kit and paint job on an Excel with 20's? What an idea. You'll stand out then (as a moronic ******) but hey, you'll still stand out.

LOL! Some one photo shop an excel with 20 in chromes now!

$400 is an extremely good price for fitment, considering carmate make bulk kits daily therefore carmate are more likely to do a better job considering they are fibreglass moulders...

dude u need to do more research...i work around the corner from carmate and carmate are not fibreglass moulders they import their bodykits by container load from places in the asia region where they cheaply mass produce bodykits where quantity not quality shows when the manufacturer makes the fibreglass kits.

Its upto peoples personal opinion but from what i have seen and i have dealt with carmate i would never encourage ppl to buy carmates products, even the owners car looked like **** with a really bad fitting bodykit that looked total crap and hes the owner of carmate.

I know a fibreglass moulding kit place that actually makes their kits here in sydney and offers replacement warranty if ur not happy with the way the kit fits. The part owner of this particular business said that carmate way over charge for their bodykits and are of bad quality, hes also had carmate buy kits from him because of carmates reputation going down the drain.

Research before you type d!ckhead. I watched a documentary on the movie. The car was real, and it used a bomex kit (one example of many decent bodykits you can grab) and I've researched the materials used in the making of the c-one kits and bomex kits (not to mention MANY others). Research is an amazing thing.

You clearly need to do it instead of coming in here and saying, "Ho ho ho mate you're a w@nker ho ho ho grow up ho ho ho". I've SEEN the what happens with fibreglass kits and was offering input and was not maliciously attacking anyone at all. My opinions are in no way biased, and neither are any others in this thread itself. THEY ARE BASED ON OPINION AND FACT. Speaking of which, you seem very opinionated yourself (even though you are somewhat similar to a gibbering mental patient). So why don't you take your opinions and overgrown egotisical excuse for a cerebral cortex and take them to Carmate if you love them so much? We really don't care what you do.

IT'S NOT ABOUT STANDING OUT WITH MOST OF US. IT'S ABOUT WALKING OUT INTO YOUR DRIVEWAY AND SAYING, "I LOVE MY CAR, AND HOW IT GOES AND LOOKS...AND I WANT TO DRIVE IT."

Do you really think the people that have fitted sportivo kits to their rollas care about what you're saying?

You grow up, and go be a show pony somewhere else.

well said

Edited by tinkz

dude relax yur nuts.. the poor kid asked if he should buy a kit from carmate.. so far hes got an opinion from some loser who watched fast and the furious 50 times in slow mo and has talked to the director "apparently" and someone who again apparentlly painted and moulded their own **** kit..

as far as smash repairers not painting kits.. THERE SMASH REPAIRERS.. they fixed broken kits, but nah, they cant fix, no i take that back spray kits that are slightly misshaped..

well now from someone who actually bought something from there.. i thought they were good.. they kit fitted extremely well straight from the shop, and i guess the others do as they are mass produced.. so from anyone else who acutally bought anything from there step up.. cause at the moment were only hearing.. "i heards"..

mate if it helps.. i reckon buy the kit.. its not gonna cost yu an arm.. its gonna fit pretty bloody well.. hey maybe yu wont be able to jump trains with vin deisel but atleast yull have a decent looking car.. the way yu want it.. not the way some ***** persuades yu in to looking like another clone from the army..

as for yu feggots who think they know carmate.. ive actually been in the workshop with them.. ive seem them mould.. sand and paint.. they do import there kits but still are educated in the field of fibreglass moulding.. considering they are related to there asian "moulders" i think it would suffice that they do mould the kits themselves.. considering they act under there business name..

so after santa clause ho ho's his malicious attack that apparently wasnt a malicious attack maybe yu might have a view at what yu actually wanted buddy..

dude relax yur nuts.. the poor kid asked if he should buy a kit from carmate.. so far hes got an opinion from some loser who watched fast and the furious 50 times in slow mo and has talked to the director "apparently" and someone who again apparentlly painted and moulded their own **** kit..

as far as smash repairers not painting kits.. THERE SMASH REPAIRERS.. they fixed broken kits, but nah, they cant fix, no i take that back spray kits that are slightly misshaped..

well now from someone who actually bought something from there.. i thought they were good.. they kit fitted extremely well straight from the shop, and i guess the others do as they are mass produced.. so from anyone else who acutally bought anything from there step up.. cause at the moment were only hearing.. "i heards"..

mate if it helps.. i reckon buy the kit.. its not gonna cost yu an arm.. its gonna fit pretty bloody well.. hey maybe yu wont be able to jump trains with vin deisel but atleast yull have a decent looking car.. the way yu want it.. not the way some ***** persuades yu in to looking like another clone from the army..

as for yu feggots who think they know carmate.. ive actually been in the workshop with them.. ive seem them mould.. sand and paint.. they do import there kits but still are educated in the field of fibreglass moulding.. considering they are related to there asian "moulders" i think it would suffice that they do mould the kits themselves.. considering they act under there business name..

so after santa clause ho ho's his malicious attack that apparently wasnt a malicious attack maybe yu might have a view at what yu actually wanted buddy..

Have no clue who you are but...

Gay-GetOut.jpg

We dont' care...fark off.