electric polisher power tool

Mate, the first time I polished my Sportivo, I used a mates polisher which cost him $29 from Supa-Cheap

Now I do it by hand, nothing beats a good hand job :P

u will get better results if u fork out to buy the meguires NXT generation wax instead...................u will be happy with the results and it comes with an applicator. a cheaper solution but outstanding results. :)

the quality of it is so good dirt will never stick on ur car again. it cost about $40 more or less depending on where u get it from. = my 2c worth

:D

u will get better results if u fork out to buy the meguires NXT generation wax instead...................u will be happy with the results and it comes with an applicator. a cheaper solution but outstanding results. :)

the quality of it is so good dirt will never stick on ur car again. it cost about $40 more or less depending on where u get it from. = my 2c worth

:D

after a car wash&wax...I use meguires quik detailer then hand polish with a micro fiber cloth...

670429_55_full.jpg

look nice even on a 26yr old paint ;)

Ok Dudes

I am looking at purchasing a electric polisher power tool to polish my Corolla Sportivo and other various family cars.

I have been recommended the following, but I am looking at $300+; do you have any alternative cheaper solutions. I am not going to get it done my some one else, I want to purchase a similar tool hence this post.

RUPES electric polisher power tool. made in Italy. TYPE: BE31E. 1500 / 4000 min rpm.

just becareful you dont cut through the paint if your using really abrasive compound or polish keep it moist and have a bucket of water handy to keep the panel wet

I'M SWIRL SWIRL SWIRLING MY PAINTY WAINTY FINISHHHHHHHH

I just don't trust the things. Jase has wisdom beyond his years though, so he's smart enough to use one.

Rob dumb. Rob use pad.

Rob: If you want to get a machine buffer that is almost idiot-proof, buy a Random Orbital Polisher like this one:

Bosch PEX400AE Random Orbital Polisher

From www.finalinspection.com.au

These are not as dangerous as a rotary buffer because the head moves in an eccentric motion and doesn't generate as much heat between the pad and paint. So it's almost impossible to burn your paint. I have the Festool RO from that website and I absolutely love it.

So we can't use the Wool pads with the Orbital Buffer?......or "steel wool pad"...are you sure?

You can use wool pads, but not steel wool.. unless you want to scratch your paint off, haha. Wool pads on an orbital buffer are used for heavy cutting.

Here you go - courtesy of Chompies the detailer ;)

I got a rotary buffer from DSE for $20.

I hardly ever use it now. I prefer doing it by hand as its more intimate with your car and you can see if there are any imperfections or scratches on your paint as well.

I personally would advise that if you have never used a buff before then it's prolly not wise to try it on your pride and joy. Practice on some old peice of crap till you master how to use it properly and learn how not to make mistakes like buffing edges through the colour and the worst of all buff burn.

I'd stick to hand polishing unless your paint really needs the abrasiveness of a buff. Much safer that way for your car and also for you. (unless your Rollamods cause he can do everything :P )

I'd stick to hand polishing unless your paint really needs the abrasiveness of a buff. Much safer that way for your car and also for you.

Like I said, a good hand job never hurts :P

(unless your Rollamods cause he can do everything :P )

oohhh - thems fightin words...

...and dont you forget it!

I actually use a random orbit buff for my cars

reply fightin words.... :P

I used a buffer once, but I felt I got a better job done by hand, you tend to get into some of the cooks and crannies better I feel....

Random Orbital FTW... just not a cheap nasty one from autobarn.. (ie the $29 one)

good cheap one.. is apparently the GMC from bunnings?

Machine Buff makes it heaps easier.. although a good hand job with plenty of enthusiasm works wonders too :)

Edited by MotoMan

If you want to buy a decent buff be prepared to spend at least $250 plus to get one with usable speed settings as well as being safe and comfortable to use. The buff I have is a Black and Decker Industrial and cost me $580 about 10 years ago. The only thing I have done to it was replace the brushes about 18 months ago. It has 12 speed settings and is trigger sensitive so you can spin it really slowly to do some of the more delicate areas. I use the meguairs and 3M foam pads of various applications. Last count I think I had about 6 different pads for different products and uses.