Another Fog light thread & tint

Richie

Ok,

I had a nice hour long look in my engine bay (discovered what the air bag sensors look like!). Finally found 1 connector for the fogs, it was in the wiring loom between the radiator and the grille, staring me in the face (this is for the LH foggie). Still cannot find the right one, but now I can rest assured the wiring exists for it.

First question. If I replace the stalk, is the fog light wiring already in the stalk connector or is it a seperate connector? If I want to install a rocker switch, do I have to cut wires? (I'm an electrician, thats not a problem, more like warranty problems).

Second, does anyone know where you can get aftermarket facelift foggies? I'm going to do a call around the wreckers tomorrow, but I'm not keen to pay $300 per foglight.

Secondly, anyone in Perth know a decent tinting company. At the moment Im looking at paying $350 for 3M from DMS, at least its 3M, but if I can get the same quality cheaper, I don't mind :-)

I live in Barbados and I own a JDM Toyota Corolla Runx and I too have completed this modification. As long as you have located the wiring harness for both the RH and LH fog lights, you will need the following items:

1) RH and LH Fog lights

2) Fog light relay

3) Fog light/Indicator/Headlamp stalk

I purchased an ESUSE fog light kit and I only used the fog lights and the fog light relay from that kit. I did not want to splice the wires and install a switch, so I purchased item 3) from our local Toyota dealership for US$112.50 and it was simply a matter of taking out the existing switch and replacing it with the new one that I purchased from the dealership.

However, if you so desire, items 1) – 3) can be purchased from your local Toyota dealership albeit and a more costly price.

P.S: I will post the part # for item 3) tomorrow as that information is at home.

Good luck and you can message me if you need more details about the installation

Ok,

I had a nice hour long look in my engine bay (discovered what the air bag sensors look like!). Finally found 1 connector for the fogs, it was in the wiring loom between the radiator and the grille, staring me in the face (this is for the LH foggie). Still cannot find the right one, but now I can rest assured the wiring exists for it.

First question. If I replace the stalk, is the fog light wiring already in the stalk connector or is it a seperate connector? If I want to install a rocker switch, do I have to cut wires? (I'm an electrician, thats not a problem, more like warranty problems).

Second, does anyone know where you can get aftermarket facelift foggies? I'm going to do a call around the wreckers tomorrow, but I'm not keen to pay $300 per foglight.

Secondly, anyone in Perth know a decent tinting company. At the moment Im looking at paying $350 for 3M from DMS, at least its 3M, but if I can get the same quality cheaper, I don't mind :-)

The connector is probably the TVSS ( toyota Vehicle Security System ) connector. If it has/d a black cover on it then it is the TVSS connector

Edited by stockstivo

I too would like to find out if there are any 3rd party companies that does the facelifted foggies. Toyota's price is way too expensive, $500 just for the foggies!

Theres a few sellers on eBay for the Pre-facelift but not for the facelifted ones.

Another option instead of forking out for OEM gear is to just use a replacement switch in the coin slot holder as Buddah did.

ALl you need is a standard automotive relay.

All you need to do is splice the positive wire of that foggie loom wire you foudn to the 12V output of the relay and the fogs will come on.

splice the positive wire off the parker light and use that as the "on input via the switch in your cabin.

that should be all you need to do.

PM if you need more help

The connector is probably the TVSS ( toyota Vehicle Security System ) connector. If it has/d a black cover on it then it is the TVSS connector

Oh no, you've made me cry! It was that connector, dangit! What is TVSS? I read through the service manual but it didn't tell me what it was for.

So, anyone with an 05 Rolla able to tell me how they found the connectors?

Another option instead of forking out for OEM gear is to just use a replacement switch in the coin slot holder as Buddah did.

Yep, thats an option I'm considering. My main concern is a) find the damn connectors and B) find relatively cheap stock fogs, somewhere around $300 for at least both fogs.

I purchased an ESUSE fog light kit

Thanks for your whole post, some good info there mate! Whereabouts did you source the Esuse fog kit from? I've had a google, but come up trumps for anything for a Runx or 05 Corolla.