Newbie question

I've recently bought a new corolla so i came over here to ask a question. I'm pretty new to this whole thing and im pretty confused.

I've been lurking around here ever since i made my first post and i see the same word popping up time and time again.

You guys always talk about being "in Lift", from what i gather, it's a state of being of the car, related somehow to shifting gears?

I googled everywhere and i cant find the answer.

So, what is Lift?

So, what is Lift?

Between about 6000-8000 RPM the cams change on the sportivo engine, giving a surge in power.

Google VVTL-i in google and you will find some more info.

Oh did u get the sportivo?

The other models have a different engine so they dont have lift.

yea... if you got no sportivo.. you got no lift :(

wish i knew that b4 i bought my corolla.

had NO previous knowledge b4 i found my conquest in the paper and bought it.

was doing more research on the xtrail & camry v6 coz i was planning on buying 1 of them..

but the rolla was the cheapest option and i ASSumed they were all the same engine underneith, so i bought the first 1 without doin the research.

not that my car turned out 2 be a lemon in anyway, still love the car 2 death... just doeznt have the LIFT that every1 talks about.

lift or not lift....we are still ROLLAs :)

Right???

Too true Kelvin...

Mate, welcome to the forums.... if you have lift, you will enjoy it.....

But as Kelvin (my favourite LED solderer) said, we are all still rollas...

lift or not lift....we are still ROLLAs :)

Right???

Too true Kelvin...

Mate, welcome to the forums.... if you have lift, you will enjoy it.....

But as Kelvin (my favourite LED solderer) said, we are all still rollas...

Hehe, thanks for the big welcome guys. Unfortunately, my rolla's not a Sportivo, nor is it anything fancy :(

Just a lowly auto Ascent for the family car.

But the convos here are pretty interesting to me and eventually one day ill get my own car and perhaps it will be a rolla sportivo :D

Anyway, carry on :D

hey mate where u located?? im sure any of us would be more than glad to take u for a spin to demonstate the ancient art of "lift" :P :lol:

if your in canberra i'm keen ;)

Sydney try and find dylan (bluestivo)

Brisbane look for Northy or Silvabullit ;)

enjoy your rolla dude!!

hey mate where u located?? im sure any of us would be more than glad to take u for a spin to demonstate the ancient art of "lift" :P :lol:

if your in canberra i'm keen ;)

Sydney try and find dylan (bluestivo)

Brisbane look for Northy or Silvabullit ;)

enjoy your rolla dude!!

Hehe, im in sydney ATM. But meh, dont think ill have too much fun in the family car, it's an auto after all.

But i used to drive an old 2000 model Hyundai Accent (did my Ls and Ps in that) and compared to that sh*tbox, the corolla is king :D

and as to why its called "lift", i think maybe the L in VVTLi means lift, the ones with VVTi mean Variable valve time intelligence, VVTLi mean Variable valve timing and lift. and because its a pain to say V.V.T.L.i all the time so most people call it lift

Edited by sportiyo

Welcome dude! well i drive an ascent auto myself.well, it was first driven by my sis.but since she moved to sydney...the car IS MINE!hehe its not so bad though u can actually make it faster and more beautiful well mine not beautiful yet...but soon it will ^_^. JDM style hihihi...

I just got my sportivo today, now I just need to sell off my Auto Conquest. If I'm not mistaken the sportivo without hitting 'lift' is not faster then the standard corolla, both being manual. Coming from an Auto Conquest and going to a manual Sportivo the difference is really big for normal driving i.e. shifting at 3.5krpm. I find that the sportivo pulls much stronger, I've had the car for half the day and only hit lift about 5 times. I find that I shift quite early cause there is no need to rev it out.