Brakes problem

Hey folks

My recent encounters with a particular Toyota service dealer hasn't been particularly unpleasent.

Back in Jan 06 I had severe grinding and shuddering in the front disc brakes, now one would think this would be covered by warranty, I made sure of this before this dealer took the car for a standard service and machining of the discs.

When it was ready for pick my mother in law offered to pick it up as she worked close to this inparticular dealer. When she picked it up she happily paid for the service but not knowing that the brake machining was meant to be under warranty as they had previously agreed. After this I spent 6 weeks trying to get my money back from Toyota which was agreed to be paid back but took forever to be paid due to a whole heap of red tape crap and poor excuses.

Anyways... it gets worse

Last month the brakes start again with the shuddering and grinding.... a month and a half before warranty is about to expire.

So I take it back to them with this problem and there reply is that they don't see this a warranty issue as it is deemed a consumable item. So whats the go with this backflip. But the stupidly funny thing about this was the excuse they provided.

"Being an South African built model the brakes are built with a more advanced Euro design, given that these are 'advanced' in stopping they have a short life, and that pads AND discs should be changed every 20k-30k"

Now every time I have had a service with these guys they report that the pads are ok even at the 50k mark when they machined the brakes, mind you these brakes are the original pads from the dealer. So I point this out to them on the service history that they funnely enough wrote.

So I consulted an independant mechanic in villawood and he said that it should be a Warranty job, and that a service dealer will try anything to get out of it.

So here is my suituation. Now I need new front brakes discs and all, as they are at the 18mm limit. So would anyone be able to suggest some good brake for my Stivo. If I have to spend money on newbies I may as well get some good ones. Testimonials would be great.

Also not to mention that I got a flat on one of my 18's to top things off. So Im back to stockies until I can afford to replace them all as they are a bit worn :huh:

And I'm spent

Cheers

Brad

Edited by Roll*U*Down