1ZZ/2ZZ PISTONS AND VALVE TRAIN COMPONENTS

Hey guys if anyone is looking at up-grading their Pistons and Valve train components they are now available for our engines!! :clap: These parts are from the company called "SUPERTECH" they are from the U.S basically these have got to be one of the best brands of pistons and valve train components around!! much better than some of the other popular brands that make 4cyl performance pistons and valve train components etc... They will also make custom pistons and valves to suit any application.

These pistons and valve train components are being used in some of the TOP race cars and drag cars here in OZ and around the world!! :toast::yahoo:

Check out an add that i just saw in the latest edition of AUTOSALON MAGAZINE!!! :)

any idea of the specs for the upgraded tolerences and comparison to standard Sunny?

I may take a walk to the unishop and grab me a copy... OMG the unishop at UOW has the 2nd best selection of car and industry mags I have ever seen... the best being the Newsagency in Crown Street Plaza also in Wollongong.

Dylan i will ask the guys and see if they can provide me with technical specs on these valves etc... :) I will try and post this info up. Basically in their range of valves they are an enhanced version of EV8 (214N) Stainless Steel for all you Metallurgists out there :P For both the Inlets and Exhaust valves and they use different heat treatments and metall alloys to harden the tips and seats for different applications if necessary. They are "Black nitrided" which is a hardening treatment, with this type of treatment to the valves it creates a smoother finish than a chrome type stems which therefore produces less friction between the valve stem and the guides. These type of coatings can handle lead free fuels, alcohols, nitro fuels or any other "explosive fuel mixtures". This finish has been very much suited to high reving japanese and european performance engines by reducing power-loss due to excessive internal engine friction. All valves are swirl polished, have undercut stems and hardened tips....Blah blahhh blahhh But hey that was your info on valve coatings for the day :lol::clap: Just wait till i get you some comparitive specs if i can legally show them!! :ph34r: ???

Is the add in issue 48 or 49, cos 49 isn't on the shelves yet. Disappointed in issue 48, I bought it a few weeks ago for the review of the VOOMPC carputer install and the article was so lame... I knew more then what they said just from my few nights doing web searches, but what do you expect from Autosalon Magazine... :help::whistling:

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Please note guys i am NOT benifitting or advertising this personally for myself as these parts will be seen by anyone who reads AUTOSALON MAGHAZINE'S latest issue i have just had the luxury to see this issue alittle early same as a normal subscriber to there mag will.....My post is just to inform the TOCA community about this as we all know just how many companies in the world are making any serious performance parts for our cars unless its a custom job!!!! :P You cant get this kind of gear through TRD or HKS can you now!!

Please note guys i am NOT benifitting or advertising this personally for myself as these parts will be seen by anyone who reads AUTOSALON MAGHAZINE'S latest issue i have just had the luxury to see this issue alittle early same as a normal subscriber to there mag will.....

no one will believe u now!! :lol:

well even if I was........(Which i'm not) :clap: At least i'm trying to help our TOCA members out... :lol: Unless members already know where to find forged pistons and valve train components?? :blink: hahahahahaha.... But hey it's about time that a company made these parts for us because that is the only thing holding us back!! :lol:

so that's US$328 for all valves. I notice that they are just hardenned too, and run the standard head size.

no mention of relative weights though... what about springs to match?

Edited by Blue_Stivo