Newbie here

Hey all, I'm thinking of getting a new Corolla, ZZE122 Facelift.

I currently have a Black 2003 3 Door RAV4, my previous Ride was a White 3 Door EP91 1998 Toyota Starlet with the 4E-FTE conversion, and other mods. It was one of the first EP91's in Australia to have the turbo Conversion done.

I bought the Rav for the fun factor on and off-road. and had plans to mod it with a turbo kit, and get Airbag suspension so i could have the best of both worlds on street and off roads...

I know what your thinking, RAV's are crap off road...I beg to differ, I live up in Darwin, previously Ayers rock, and have taken the beast off road a fair few times, with no trouble...

pics are Here

Anyways i want something that is lower to the ground and that can handle corners at a good speed... I work at Toyota as a Pre Delivery Mechanic, which means i get to Road test nearly everycar that comes in...and i found the new Corolla Ascent sport to be quite a "sporty" alternative to the rav, plus there's more aftermarket parts for it... :D

I've been looking through the Japanese Toyota site for some inspiration, and i must say the RunX is a sweet lookin machine.

Can anyone give me an idea of what Parts are available for these cars and at what prices, i.e Suspension, turbo kits(If available), CAI's, Bodykits etc...and what mods ya'll have done to your cars

Any links are good.

Have a good one

Pete

Hi 40RSM,

Welcome to the forum. You will find a large chunk of the guys here have s'tivo BUT there are guys here with ascents & conquests n ur odd levin. With respect to mods to ur ZZE122. Your best bet is to speak to Grimlock to do with forced induction as he's the only 1 i believe to S/C the car. And there are various others whom have changed rims, suspension, and other mods so just wait for their posts.

Cheers

Bill

hahahah thanks zoom.

Yeah i went to the the showroom today and saw the new model, only the front is different, the lights and front bumper is completely different.

Everything is the same.

Power N/A style

Well, like they say start furthest away from the engine.

The 1zzfe is a very good engine very good torque, you will have most vtecs 1st and 2nd gear, Get a CAI and 2inch exhaust all the way.

Good place in SYdney Fussy motorsport.

If your going to go NA, please buy my 2inch system from the cat back, cause i need to get 2.5.

I got a custom CAI from the states 170 shipped, Plus a K&N airfilter typhoon one, You will love the sucking noise at high revs. Ohh yeah

Power Forced induction

At the moment, there is only the TRD supercharger kit, it's pretty good for the price gain. Just under 6k installed with a unichip. You will smile everytime you plant it.

Then get lowered springs, 16inch alloys, light as possible trying to keep the lightweight appeal of the ascent.

Plus a rear sway bar, since our rear suspension is not independent, the rear sway bar is the best bang for your buck handling mod.

With all these mods, you will have a feasbile plan for the future. With the extra cash left over, get a killing sound system The hatch rolla is a sub box on wheels.

Hahhahaha

Happy modding.

out of interest is the face lift still zze122 or different?

40rsm welcome!

SUSPENSION

all spring manufacturers have lowered springs for zze122 for ~$150 a pair. k-mac is the only manufacturer i know that will do custom springs for $165 a pair. tein, d2, hotbits have coilovers for zze122 for ~$2,500

strut bars and stabiliser bars are from trd, c-one, whiteline, k-mac. front strut bars are ~$300, stabiliser bars are ~$200.

COLD AIR INTAKE

the guys here who have cai have trd but this is from trd usa not japan. this is ~$450.

BODYKITS

toyota, c-one, jetspeed and the copies from carmate. there are wild body kits from tuning shops in japan but you will need to import them yourself.

hope the shopping goes well and let us know which car you buy.

Facelift is still ZZE122, that's what it says on the build plates anyways.

Thanks for your help guys,

grimlock, if i were a bit closer to Sydney i would be interested in your exhaust, but living in Darwin it's gonna cost a hell of a lot to get it up here. :D

So you think 2" is the go, 2.5" too big for NA??

Anyone heard of or use RS*R Suspension? It's a japanese brand, not sure how good it is...they have a set that drops the rolla 50-55 on the front and 40-45 on the rear...

TRD CAI seems to be the best bet i guess, they seem to work alright for the RAV's.

Just compiling all the info before i get the car...

Thanks again

Pete

Make me some offers.

It is all the piping including the cat, to the muffler. My exhaust is still on the car, so who ever buys it has to come along with me on the day to transfer it over.

Sorry Xoom. It's just a trick of the mind.

when i put on my CAI with exhaust, the car was soo much different.

Get these in your 1zzfe and it feel heaps different.

HEy sorry about this becoming a SELL thread.

it's just kinda happened.