ILLUMINATING THE BOOTSPACE

JJCRU23R

i remember last year in a special toyota edition of hot4z (i think that was the mag), there was a blue corolla (not sure if it was a sportivo or othewise) that was done up real nice... think custom cream or white interior...

since i cant find that mag anywhere in the house i was wondering if any of you remember the mod im talking bout.

i may be wrong, but im pretty sure the owner of this rolla added DOWN LIGHTS inside the hatch door, so when you open the hatch the downlights would shine straight right down into the boot space.

im really looking 4 a way 2 brighten up the bootspace coz that stock boot light just isnt doing it 4 me at night!

its useless!

so if any1 is happens 2 have this particular magazine and is able 2 scan the pics... or if you even know the guy and the corolla im talking about, it would help me out a lot in figuring out what 2 do.

thanks in advance.

jase

Edited by JJCRU23R

• 1 month later...

Hey fellas just saw this thread now.

I have a white neon (like the ones in my door trims) on the inside of my hatch, so, as you said, it shines down on you when the hatch is open - ideally I'd like it a little brighter. Also, I shafted the normal bulb out of the inner hatch light and hooked up a neon using its terminals, so instead of getting crappy yellow light when you flick the switch, you get cool blue B) too bad my sub picked up some speed the other day and cracked it.... Back to Jaycar for me :whistling:

Also I have a 12" speaker grille with blue LED's embedded in it which is going in next... too rice? We'll see

Might've been Skitzos car over in Perth. Deffinately the best boot install for a Corolla hatch I've ever seen. Got quoted $700 to do something similar... but man it sure looks the goods.

I think they're downlights but on the left side where the original light is. I do agree however that the hatch light is still very dull during night.

Edit: Found the pic.

bootinstallvw4.jpg

Might've been Skitzos car over in Perth. Deffinately the best boot install for a Corolla hatch I've ever seen. Got quoted $700 to do something similar... but man it sure looks the goods.

I think they're downlights but on the left side where the original light is. I do agree however that the hatch light is still very dull during night.

Edit: Found the pic.

bootinstallvw4.jpg

na it wasnt this car in the hot4s...