Coilovers

WYTNYT

better to get Spings with shocks for the road if it's not going to see the track. The comfort level is far greater. Any lowered spring match with Koni Yellow adjustable shocks would do the job great :)

well i have springs given from Danz. I've used it for almost a year. It bounces alot. very uncomfortable at some point (but thx to Danz i can lowered my car). Now i am thinkin of buying coilover since springs and shocks doesnt give the same looks as my current springs. What do you guys think?i need advice. thanks

Why not just cruise around the member's rides and check it out?

i've had coilovers for about a month and a bit now - and there is no going back, once u've found the perfect height for you, then it's a joy to drive all the time - an experience :D

Riding in coilovers is similar to the ride comfort of double/ triple the 'comfort' of sport springs + stock shockers IMO. Find someone in Adelaide that has coilovers in their rolla and figure it out for ur self whether u can hack it or not

price range = 900 --- 3000

search for it - most threads have this covered - from what i've searched, there has been one forum member who disliked coilovers as they couldn't hack the stiff ride .... there is always that drink - 'harden up' or the pill ' harden the F*ck up' :P

better to get Spings with shocks for the road if it's not going to see the track. The comfort level is far greater. Any lowered spring match with Koni Yellow adjustable shocks would do the job great :)

well i have springs given from Danz. I've used it for almost a year. It bounces alot. very uncomfortable at some point (but thx to Danz i can lowered my car). Now i am thinkin of buying coilover since springs and shocks doesnt give the same looks as my current springs. What do you guys think?i need advice. thanks

I take it you are using the springs with the stock shocks... :whistling:

I mentioned to match the lowerring spring with Konis for a reason... :ph34r:

The car bounces because your stock shocks are stuffed and need to be replaced... replace them with Konis or KYBs and it will be sweet for the street. Coilovers are useful if you want tunability for the track but not really worth it for the street IMHO.

I'll be back in Adelaide over Christmas/New Years if you would like to see what car handles like... if you can wait that long.

I take it you are using the springs with the stock shocks... :whistling:

I mentioned to match the lowerring spring with Konis for a reason... :ph34r:

The car bounces because your stock shocks are stuffed and need to be replaced... replace them with Konis or KYBs and it will be sweet for the street. Coilovers are useful if you want tunability for the track but not really worth it for the street IMHO.

I'll be back in Adelaide over Christmas/New Years if you would like to see what car handles like... if you can wait that long.

Thanks for the advice. So you reckon i should just get springs + shocks?but if i do, i wont have the same height as my current one. well im going back to my country for holiday before christmas.

thanks guys for all the advice ...

so tell me where is sydney will i be able to find the koni adj shocks and at what price ?

i have been in an older corolla 91 model gti wid coilovers and that thing was totally gangsta and dats all it had and it jus hammered corners like it was a go kart ... so that what i like but im not too sure it can achive that only because the same is different and not as aero dynamic i guess ...

but before this i was only planning to get springs but after consideration i may have to get shocks too ... but i was also finking is that price of the two ( springs + good shocks) a similar price to coilovers ?

if you just replace the shocks with ones that are valved to match the springs you should be riding at the same height you currently are. It's the springs that govern the height of the car, not the shocks.

so, if i replace the shocks with the ones that are valved to match the springs, would it still bounce?i think the spring that im using are springs that are cut.if that make sense. ^_^

I have just installed my coilovers and therefore my Kings Low springs are up for sale if anyone here is interested. I've had them only for about 6 months or so :)

These springs are great even on my stock suspension. I only got coilovers cause im starting to hit the track more often. :ph34r:

I have just installed my coilovers and therefore my Kings Low springs are up for sale if anyone here is interested. I've had them only for about 6 months or so :)

These springs are great even on my stock suspension. I only got coilovers cause im starting to hit the track more often. :ph34r:

can you post some pics when you had your low king spring?how much do you wanna sell them?

registry_gallery-21-1158590141_thumb.jpg

Click on my sig for more pics.

The ride hight is alot lower than stock, but still good for everyday driving ie no need to angle up on speed bumps and driveways etc..

I'm look for around $180 (all four) + postage

The ride hight is alot lower than stock, but still good for everyday driving ie no need to angle up on speed bumps and driveways etc..

ic...well i want lower than yours.hehe...does king spring has super low for corolla?

ic...well i want lower than yours.hehe...does king spring has super low for corolla?

yes they do, check out the member's rides section to see how low super lows go B)

yes they do, check out the member's rides section to see how low super lows go B)

ic...well how much usually for them?

If you really want to bounce all over the road then put some super lows in your car. If you don't like the bounce of lows with stock shocks then you'll hate super lows with stock shocks plus they'll crap them selves a hell of a lot quicker.

Even with Koni's super lows will still ride quite harsh.

or use the knowledge to bargain them down to a more reasonable price. I've seen Autobarn sell Kings for $150 a pair at their "retail" price, and others sell them for up to $250 a pair!!!

But acting like you know what your talking about and asking for trade sometimes works too :P

Some places will hide their spring markup in the installation cost if you get them installed where you purchase them, eg $200 for the springs and $400 to install them :huh: