my acco....

My acco.

middle lane at parra road goin into church st... i thought that i could turn right from the middle lane. front row at the lights with a cab. we both turn right until... we both turn right. he took it wide into the left lane on church st... hits my doors... with his left corner bumper .... T.T

P1020593.jpg

P1020594.jpg

my silly stupid mistake....

now its costing me $1100 to fix both cars... goin thru the insurance...

-----------

before the acco... pickd up the extractors... 100bucks... DC sport...

P1020596.jpg

looks good..

Isn't there 2 lanes turning right into Church St. from Parammatta Rd ?

The far right lane has to turn right. The lane beside it has the option of going straight to the freeway or right into Church St.

The far right lane has to turn right. The lane beside it has the option of going straight to the freeway or right into Church St.

thats wat i thought.... but nope...

yer i thought it was two lanes - middle lane with option of going straight. Well it was last time i was there 2 years ago. Have you gone back there and checked?

Should be his fault for "being a cab driver" :P

Did the taxi driver tell you it was your fault, because rule #1 is never believe a taxi driver, they know sh!t and talk out their @rse!!!

Go back and review the scene yourself... take shots of the road ASAP, see the road markings and make sure you could turn right from the middle lane. By the sounds of it you may well be able to there.

Most of all... never ever say you are at fault until it is proven!!!

Most of all... never ever say you are at fault until it is proven!!!

thats probably the most important thing

when ya have an accident, just take the details of the other person and leave it to the insurance company to duel it out.

thats why we pay the big money these days.

had a problem with a cabby once who said quote "its his road"

obviously not all are like that, but some really can be ignorant to road rules cause they're driving so much.

Ok im guessing you were trying to follow the red arrows in the below picture.

If this is the case then you are at fault if you were in the middle lane.

There are 3 lanes leading up to that traffic light. The left lane has to turn left as per the picture. The middle lane is only allowed to go straight and the right lane can go straight or turn right .... Unfortunetly you are at fault this time.

parra_rd.jpg

i could swear thats the case as well.

rightest lane = turn right

lane next to that = turn right or go straight

lane next to that one = go straight

then theres a small opening for the leftest lane = turn left.

Ive turned right in the 2nd rightest lane a number of times (dont really do it much these days cos i just take the m4).

You should go back there and take pictures like the others have said.

Heres what i thought the intersection was like

The lane that only has the option to go straight merges with the lane that has the option to turn right or go straight.

post-1865-1161478617_thumb.jpg

Edited by neK

i could swear thats the case as well.

rightest lane = turn right

lane next to that = turn right or go straight

lane next to that one = go straight

then theres a small opening for the leftest lane = turn left.

Lol .... ken your adding an extra lane into the equation ..... that intersection is only 3 lanes wide ..... the left lane is unable to do anything but go left because of the cement triangle forcing u 2 go left .... the middle lane can only go straight and the right lane can go straight or turn right .....

Someone should just go take a photo of the intersection so you guys can stop guessing what is right or wrong.

Sorry to hear dude. Was it off the red lights, or was traffic already in motion ? There seems to be a lot of damage done !

Someone should just go take a photo of the intersection so you guys can stop guessing what is right or wrong.

Sorry to hear dude. Was it off the red lights, or was traffic already in motion ? There seems to be a lot of damage done !

i agree!!! :ph34r:

Lol .... ken your adding an extra lane into the equation ..... that intersection is only 3 lanes wide ..... the left lane is unable to do anything but go left because of the cement triangle forcing u 2 go left .... the middle lane can only go straight and the right lane can go straight or turn right .....

haha, Im asian i can add as many lanes as i want :P :lol:

but i could swear there is a there is a lane that is a right turn only.

tempted to go out there to check just so i can be sure... but i cant be bothered :P

Edited by neK

Man - always a sad situation seeing a bent rolla - glad to hear your OK, especially since it was on the drivers door - damn cabbie's. I'm sure there's good cabbies out there but I'm yet to see one that doesnt make me wanna sometimes run them off the road.

In saying that, let the insurance complanies fight it out - thats what we pay em for. If you are at fault, you will only have to pay your own excess (and probably an increased policy premium next year). If you have, say a 60% No Claim Bonus, then you will drop back to 50%. Insurance pays for his repairs and anything else.

Good luck with the repairs mate !! I'm guessing about 6K worth.....bugger :(

I agree a race pipe could have saved you in this case. One thing I've found is that if you have a mega loud exhaust, other drivers tend to know where you are even if you're driving in their blind spot. :o

damn straight right bangn :lol: they also get out of your way cause it deafens them too :lol: cant wait for peak hour traffic in melbourne...its payback time :lol:

all jokes aside sorry to hear buddy and just be glad it wasnt worse...knowing cab drivers it could have been