Flywheel/Clutch are in!

Hey guys,

Just picked the car up this avo, it now has a Toda Flywheel and clutch. Very happy with it! Plus it makes a sweeeet sound on startup.

also for the brissy guys, i got it all installed at Direct performance clutch, in Albion. They were pretty quick and very nice guys. I would definatley go there again!

cheers

Harry

Nice work dude, did you pickup the TODA flywheel for the MRS (MR2 spyder) 1zz? does that one drop straight into 1zz rolla's?

i'm really considering getting that done coz my clutch has suffered one too many dumps (burnouts, racing) haha

dont you hate the smell of clutch haha

-Rich

I am not sure what car the flywheel was made for but yes its a straight swap in the 1zz. The acceleration has improved heaps, very noticeable. I havnt been able to fully test it out yet as i am being nice to the clutch for a little while. Toda flywheel, i think, weighs 4.3kg. The 'Toda' clutch, like a lot of performance clutches, is an excedy one.

cheers guys!

I didnt know that changing the clutch/flywheel would make a sound when you start the car up. Anyway its good to know that there is another trust worthy mechanic for us all to try, happy gear changing :clap:

It will sound a little like a chainsaw when you've got a lightened flywheel, especially when you are starting up the car.

I didnt know that changing the clutch/flywheel would make a sound when you start the car up. Anyway its good to know that there is another trust worthy mechanic for us all to try, happy gear changing :clap:

It will sound a little like a chainsaw when you've got a lightened flywheel, especially when you are starting up the car.

this seems to be a fedanza/tom's characteristic, as the TRD flywheels dont make any extra noise over the stock ones.

Yeh northy is right i think it is mainly the toms flywheel that makes the chainsaw noice. The Toda one slightly changes my start up noise, just sounds a bit different, but its not really loud.

Hey guys,

Just picked the car up this avo, it now has a Toda Flywheel and clutch. Very happy with it! Plus it makes a sweeeet sound on startup.

also for the brissy guys, i got it all installed at Direct performance clutch, in Albion. They were pretty quick and very nice guys. I would definatley go there again!

cheers

Harry

hey H1Rolla..how much did the flywheel cost u?

Are you able to make a sound recording of your car starting up? Im curious on what it sounds like now :D

mate just ask me next time u c me ;) ;) ;) ;)

Are you able to make a sound recording of your car starting up? Im curious on what it sounds like now :D

mate just ask me next time u c me ;) ;) ;) ;)

WOOOO legend! :toast: