Eibach Springs

Hi all!

My advise is not to change to 17" because i haved a set of 17"*7 and its is sluggish compared to the stock 16"*6 but for handelling is good tho.

If u want a 17*7 or 18*8 it must be a lightweighted ones.

Or just try to get 16*7 and 215 45 16 rubbers, thats should be perfect for the Stivo.

Its my opinion.

Cheers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True...It's sluggish because the radius of the wheels has increase which requires more power to pull the car. However in high speeds it cruises better and u get a better ride. Be careful when u think ur going 60KM/H ur actually going 60-65 km/h.

17'inch is for looks.

I think I'll stick with my stock wheels.

it shouldn't be sluggish..if you keep the OVERALL diameter of the wheels the same.

eg: 15" rims with 50 profile tyres.

17" rims with 40 profile tyres.

I'm NOT SURE if that's correct...but if you get the rims and rubber to match as close as possible to the stock diameter..you should be right.

make sense? :huh:

the only reason itll b sluggish with bigger wheels (assuming that u make the rolling diameter the same) is if u get them wider then the stock ones, itll make more surface area, so more friction, but that means better handling, but u loose responsivness. i think its a worthy trade off tho. im gonna go for 17*7(mayb even 7.5)

• 4 months later...

how's everyone going.

i'm a new member to the club, and im looking into getting a set of lowering springs, everyone speaks about what kind of springs are out there,, can anyone tell me from personal experience if there is a huge difference in Standard King springs (35mm drop) to the (40-50mm) drop from the Super-low King springs..

other than the drop is there much difference in the ride...

cheers

:blink:

the only difference between the low and super-low is ride height. the spring rates are the same just minus a coil or 2. that's what the rep at kings said to me when i rang up asking some stuff about spring rates.

welcome dude. where are u from?

tiger 17 x 8? thats hugely wide, would they even fit.

Pedders suspension is crap, i dropped my old car using them and the ride became terrible to say the least. And back then i had bought the 'big bore' top of the range shocks to go with it.

These eibach springs sound good.

AzZaMaTaZ: where is this bob jane? im in melb and wouldnt mind going down to get it done....

those with wider tyres notice any improvement in handling?

btw, bigger wheels make your car slower because you change the final gearing of the car. your car will accelerate slower but you will have a higher top speed in each gear. which is sh*t for the 2zz-ge because you will land out of lift when shifting (depending on how much diameter difference there is) You essentially get taller gearing ratios.

not really mate, the difference isn't at all noticeable.

besides if u run 205/40r17, 215/40r17, 205/45r17, or even 215/35r18 the rolling radius is smaller than 195/55r16. it doesn't make it any slower. and the difference is really not noticeable unless u have like 20psi less air than u should in your tyres or u have very heavy wheels.

even then 215/45r17 which is larger by 2.2mm in radius does 509 rotations per km

and 195/55r16 does 513 rotations per km

215/45r17 covers 999.88m in those 509 rotations

195/55r16 covers 1000.66m in those 513 rotations

the difference in those distances are 0.7m or 70cm.

dun 4get that 17s have a wider tyre so there would be more grip as well, depending on how u launch, u might bog down a bit more easily.

theoretically it should be slower, on the other hand there is a bit more grip, but like i said its not noticeable to most of us here.

anyway, my point is larger wheels dun necessarily mean a taller gear or slower acceleration.

hehehe. sorry i wasn't very clear. you only change your final gearing if you increase or decrease your rolling radius. but yeh, like you said, shaohaok it's probably not noticable anyway.

hehehe. don't want to sound like as "as a matter of fact" kind of guy. :P

shaohaok

im from brissy,, abou 15mins west of the city heading to ipswich, in a place called bellbowrie, :D only problem with this is all the driving involved especially in peak hour trafic on coro drive,, not impressed at all :angry: when adding the springs to the car is there any modification needed to teh wheel pressure to make the car more stable,, and not hard on the ground

cheers

shaohaok

im from brissy,, abou 15mins west of the city heading to ipswich, in a place called bellbowrie, :D only problem with this is all the driving involved especially in peak hour trafic on coro drive,, not impressed at all :angry: when adding the springs to the car is there any modification needed to teh wheel pressure to make the car more stable,, and not hard on the ground

cheers

i have no idea what u mean... :blink:

to change the way the spring behaves you need to get new dampers/shock absorbers or if u can, on the dampers, adjust the bound/rebound rates, if that's what u mean.