REMINDER AS TO WHY YOU SHOULD LEAVE YOUR HOONING TIL TRACKDAY

NEWS ARTICLE

Teen clocked at 115 in 50kmh zone

Jamie Pandaram

November 17, 2006 - 6:39AM

Two men will front court next month charged with serious driving offences after both were pulled over in Sydney's Ryde area last night.

A teenager was allegedly caught driving 65kmh over the speed limit at North Ryde. Police allege the P-plater was clocked at travelling at 115kmh in a 50kmh zone along Twin Road about 8pm, in his Toyota Corolla sedan.

The 18-year-old's licence was suspended and he was charged with driving at a dangerous speed and exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h. He is due to appear in Ryde Local Court on December 13.

In a separate incident, a 27-year-old man was charged with numerous driving offences after being pulled over on Princes Street, Ryde, about 10.45pm.

Police allegedly clocked a Holden Commodore sedan driving at 98km/h in a 50km/h zone. After stopping, the driver, allegedly returned a positive reading to a random breath test.

The Ryde man was charged with a mid-range drink driving, driving an unregistered vehicle, driving while suspended, driving dangerously, and exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h. He is also due to appear in Ryde Local Court on December 13.

Someone in Melbourne was busted doing 200km/h on Western Ring Road (Which is 80-100), needless to say his car was confiscated.

With so many drag strips and tracks now openly available for use, why do it ?

Edited by IZZ-FE

why race on the roads. an controlled environment would be help bettter!

you 'll still getting the speed and thrill with the cops booking you!

wot you do on the track, stays on the track!

I dunno any V8 drivers that take there speed on the road (correct me if I'm wrong) so why ordinary people do the same!

The problem with the road is you have other people closer to you which may cause a problem! at least on the track you have grass or kitty litter to run into if you do loose it. On teh main road wot are you gonna hit, a power pole? another car? or worse a person? theat is somethiong which (i think) would take years to get over. if you land in the grass or kitty litter, you tend to laugh at it!

my 2 cents, now i'm broke :P

theat is somethiong which (i think) would take years to get over. if you land in the grass or kitty litter, you tend to laugh at it!

Man, if I was racing on the road and made an error and slammed a pole and killed someone, I reckon it would take longer than years to get over it....

if you land in the grass or kitty litter, you tend to laugh at it!

Have seen this done many times. Kinda becomes a badge of honour then hey... "man, I so took that corner as hard as I could, it was just a pity that the designers of the track couldn't make a croner good enough for my excellent sterring ability"

Nah, in all seriousness it is right though, make a small error on the track and spin off into the grass or kitty litter, have a laugh and try again, do that on the street, then after you have lost your car, insurance, and money to repay the rest of the damage cause your insurance company drops cover when you get booked for breaking the law, then you get off from being locked up for doing 10 years for dangerous driving causing manslaughter....what do you have to laugh at then.... ;)

Would street racing be considered as getting to the speed limit as fast as you can ?

Scenario: two lanes at a traffic light. A car is parked 100 metres on the left lane. You're in the right lane, and a P-Plater driving a early model commodore pulls up on the left lane in attempt to overtake you. Do you show him what the shopping trolley corolla can do or do you let him in, even though you know he won't give you a hand signal show of thanks.

:huh:

Scenario: two lanes at a traffic light. A car is parked 100 metres on the left lane. You're in the right lane, and a P-Plater driving a early model commodore pulls up on the left lane in attempt to overtake you. Do you show him what the shopping trolley corolla can do or do you let him in, even though you know he won't give you a hand signal show of thanks.

dont take this the wrong way but, personally, i think that is an ego thing!

Would street racing be considered as getting to the speed limit as fast as you can ?

:huh:

As far as I know even travelling to the speed limit as fast as you can is still an offence as it is counted as reckless driving.

Getting to the speed limit as fast as you can, can be seen by the Police as "Reckless Driving" and is a chargable offence, especially if you have a lowered car with an exhaust and give the fine Constable lip....especially as the law says you have to approach ALL intersections with caution.

Speeding, by definition is defined as driving at a speed unsuitable for the conditions. The signs on the road are a indicator of the maximum allowed speed FOR THE CONDITIONS

An example would be: A school zone is marked as a 50km/h zone. It is extremely heavy rain, foggy and low visability and the school bell just let 500 kids loose and you roll past the lolly-pop lady doing 50km/h.

Thai can technically be defined as speeding. Harsh, but thats the law.

115 in a 50 zone as per the article, is just plain silly....

There was an old thread here that went along the lines of "How often do you hit lift in your corolla". On average people responded at least twice on each journey. Now we all know when shifting from 1st to 2nd you're already doing 80+ km/h... and most likely in a 60k zone.

I think everyone here is guilty of flooring the accelerator of their cars every now and then. It's just how far do you take it and when do you back off.

There is a difference though between hitting lift in 1st/2nd and doing 115 in a 60 zone.

I will admit, I hit lift regularly in 1st taking off from lights etc, and usually back 2nd off (change to 4th) and sit on 60km/h. On ramp on the highway, hit lift every gear to speed limit.

You wont catch me doing 115km/h in a built up 50km/h zone though...

I guess its a different thrill when you race on the steet.

Silly, I know.

thats true!

Especially when people on the road in there V8's etc look at you and say

"Oh please whats that corolla gonna do?!?!"

Then you look at them smile and hit lift! The look on there face is priceless! Also when they have there girlfriends in the passenger seat! :P

There is a difference though between hitting lift in 1st/2nd and doing 115 in a 60 zone.

I will admit, I hit lift regularly in 1st taking off from lights etc, and usually back 2nd off (change to 4th) and sit on 60km/h. On ramp on the highway, hit lift every gear to speed limit.

You wont catch me doing 115km/h in a built up 50km/h zone though...

i do the same even in my levin and opel corsa.

but 115 in a 50 zone! thats just nutty! you can never tell who will pull out the drive way kids,dogs,cars! <_< <_<

I dunno, the thrill of going around a circuit in controlled conditions still far outweighs anything on the road.

come on dylan ..... the thrill of avoiding the unknowing drivers as they try n jump in your lane and u avoiding them .... sending the car sideways to miss that pedestrian and running like crazy to get away from the cops mate u cant weigh that up with racing on the track ..... and now thats my review of GTA vs NFS :P :P :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol::lol:

on to the real issue yes street racing is stupid .......

I dunno, the thrill of going around a circuit in controlled conditions still far outweighs anything on the road.

come on dylan ..... the thrill of avoiding the unknowing drivers as they try n jump in your lane and u avoiding them .... sending the car sideways to miss that pedestrian and running like crazy to get away from the cops mate u cant weigh that up with racing on the track ..... and now thats my review of GTA vs NFS :P :P :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol::lol:

on to the real issue yes street racing is stupid .......

And if you start a thread about street racing on TOCAU it will be deleted because we don't condone street racing in any form....