First PS3 sold on Ebay

BigBum

There was another PS3 auction that went for $150,000US which obviously was messed around with.

Apparently the hardcore PS fans don't like people selling the PS3 to make profit at launch time so they create fake accounts to ruin the persons sale.

I was wondering why these people would pay that much for a PS3 when they can be bought for under $2k during this time.

Could it be Sony doing publicity stunts????

You might be right. I think there could be speculations of this. I mean seriously, in Torono Canada, there were about 8 or 10 units at each shop. Yet hundreds were lining outside. There were 200,000 units pre-ordered in the U.S, yet only a tiny fraction of that were delivered on the launch day.

I think Sony is playing that hard to get game which will make it more desirable for everyone to attain a unit at this time. Then closer to Christmas, then will unleash a thousand truckload of them and everyone would be willing to pay the $US499 and $US599 for them because they know how hard they are to get.

Sony used the same tactic when the PSP was released. So much demand and so little supply

I think so too, and this time it will be even harder to get a PS3 than the PSP since Sony has put Lik-Sang out of business. Sony are monsters in this game, I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.

Man, what's wrong with people these days. This auction looks legit. It went for over $4500!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...p;rd=1&rd=1

**** lol tat thing is STRONG haha to much hardware

Haha... yeah after watching that video, I think it makes me want one even more. Just look at how well that thing held up from a sledgehammer!