HID brands... Which one????????

phicise

Hi,

I just lookin to install HID' onto my corolla and have come across numerous brands in my search.

Ive come across previous posts that address colour temperature but none have refered to any particular brands that people have recommended.

Im just after any affordable HID branded kits that wont break down in a hurry..

Any suggestions??

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.

You can try MTEC HID very good quality and affordable $350

other brands such as GT HID $395 i think

Or you can go Ebay around $250

HIDs are nice but they will scatter too much with our reflector headlights, plus they are illegal on our cars. That is why i settled for bulbs.

If you decide to get HID look at the 4200K or 5200K. The higher you go the less light output there is, keep that in mind.

Where else is there to look around for HID kits besides ebay, firesport and the TOC forum??

I havent been able to come across much of the brands you mentioned JAZE55..

Also, how'd you find a kit soo cheap CoRroLLa-JAHAT, whats the secret??.

Thanks,

Where else is there to look around for HID kits besides ebay, firesport and the TOC forum??

Thanks,

KT HID Kit

This is the HID kit Negatron, Xploshun and myself have - Neg's bought the kit for 190 :toast:

Thanks,

PM a member here called Daz, he can hook you up with a contact for techtone $250 and GT HID $395

If you want MTEC HID $355 go to ozhonda forum and look for the trader liquidsound he will look after you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Techone is an absoulute crap Brand to be going for... no quality wat so ever. If you were looking a cheap ones go for Mtec as they are pretty good and do the job well. I've got a Brand called BPi's Not to bad either but i've found that they have faded over time. But they have worked flawlessly over the year that i've had them for. I'm going to get a set of Mtec soon after i get my coils in my car.

The one that u see OEM in such cars as BMW, AUDI, HONDA, LEXUS, Etc are between 4300K and 5200K.

And Yes HID's are Illegal to put into any car. Unless you've got Auto Leveling lights and Headlight washers. Some may think its Illegal because u dont have projector lense, but thats not true, Have a look at the Honda Legend, Lexus IS200/300, GS300, All have Refelctor headlights and are legal.

But at the end of the day, its up to the individual on which one u would go for. If u want some pics of HID's PM David as he has them on his car, but his got 6000K.

Thanks

Edited by xplodin

Hey guys,

Techone is an absoulute crap Brand to be going for... no quality wat so ever. If you were looking a cheap ones go for Mtec as they are pretty good and do the job well. I've got a Brand called BPi's Not to bad either but i've found that they have faded over time. But they have worked flawlessly over the year that i've had them for. I'm going to get a set of Mtec soon after i get my coils in my car.

The one that u see OEM in such cars as BMW, AUDI, HONDA, LEXUS, Etc are between 4300K and 5200K.

And Yes HID's are Illegal to put into any car. Unless you've got Auto Leveling lights and Headlight washers. Some may think its Illegal because u dont have projector lense, but thats not true, Have a look at the Honda Legend, Lexus IS200/300, GS300, All have Refelctor headlights and are legal.

But at the end of the day, its up to the individual on which one u would go for. If u want some pics of HID's PM David as he has them on his car, but his got 6000K.

Thanks

he's right......The headlights on the Corolla are not designed for HIDs (gives out too much glare, even if you aimed it low). I've got HID Kit on my Camry. In 2002 I installed them on my stock headlights and I was blinding everyone on the road. Last year I retrofitted my headlights with projectors and since then not a single highbeams from oncoming trafic :)

Retrofit your headlights and dont put some blue/purpleish colour HIDs You'll ATTRACT attention from the cops <_<

Edited by leasaunce