Ignition upgrade

DuGong

you dont have plug wires on a 1ZZ. Have a look in the engine bay. From memory you have denso platinum plugs in from factory, I like to change the platinums ever 50,000 instead of every 100,000 as recommended by Toyota.

ZZE corollas dont use Ignition/spark plug leads, they have "Coil on Plug" ie. each spark plug has its own ignition coil built into the spark plug cap... so unless you are going to change your whole ignition system and convert to coilpacks there is no point buying ignition leads unless you want to hang them from your rear veiw mirror or something ;)...

Basically all you can really do for the ZZE's is to replace the spark plugs... do a search for iridum plugs, i think Danz did a comparison a while back between a few diff plug types...

Edit: Beaten to it.... damn my slow typing :P

Edited by MAP81

I am using TRD Iridium, yeah yeah could be just branding, but it really is smoother than standard. Serious.

But if I am allowed to be honest here, Bosch Super 4 definitely gives GREATER respond. How great? Well the only best way I could really say it is that as if the car is lighter.

But later on, somewhere down the track, I heard Bosch Super 4 is not good for high compression engine. Don't ask to define what is high compression engine. Maybe 13.1:1 ehehehehe.

Hell, I don't even know if there is Bosch Super 4 for 1zz-fe, as I just took my friend's Bosch Super 4 from his Civic VTi-R and try it. Hehe. He didn't want to give it to me, so sadly I have to return it back after I tried it.

Well worth trying though.