hey guys im the newby stivo kid

hey guyz my name is fil, i am new to this forum and got my stivo its awesome, its dark blue and his name is steve, however there are some mods i would love to do to him. I am not an expert however i was hoping some of you guyz could give me some info on

ideal exhaust for the stivo based on practicality,performance,sound and price

any ideas of lowering the car (how much do i lower it?) what brands should i stick with?price looking to pay?

audio - what works best for the stivo

where i could get eyelids from?

anything small to give it extra

cant afford rims atm :(

sorry for a first full on post however i just wanna be out on the roads beatin down commos and hondas

any help will be appreciated :D

cheers guyz

welcome aboard mate!

firstly... good choice! the only choice really, the best looking rolla's on this site are all blue so u are in good company. im sure dylan, bill, tom, wei wei and others will agree with me here.

secondly.... facelift model (05) or pre-facelift model (03/04)????

if its a pre-facelift... go to ebay immediatly!

eyelids are readily available, as are king springs if you want to only lower it with springs rather than go all out with coilovers. Kings Lows drop the car by about 35mm which is pretty good for the street otherwise u can get superlows which drop it by about 50mm... depends on the height of gutters in your area!! if u are near canberra... lows for sure... wouldnt go lower. to get it all done and installed and aligned should cost u just under $500... good investment.

next thing u need to do is go to US ebay and buy a cold air intake, either Injen or AEM for best bang for buck. CES (aussie brand and forum sponser) and TRD are a little more expensive but the gains differ from car to car so its hard to track. i'm running an AEM CAI and are more than happy with the power and especially the noise!!

as for audio, i'm loving my rockford sub but really its a personal preference thing, find what suits your liking and what you think looks good and mix and match!

but regardless, enjoy your stivo and especially the looks on the commodore drivers faces when u creep past!!! :lol::yahoo::toast:

Welcome Fil!

Micky pretty much covered everything, but if you'd like further info on what he said then THIS THREAD is your bible. Once you've exhausted that resource provided by our moderators, don't be afraid to ask questions because that's how you learn, even if people jump up your @ss about it!

hey guyz my name is fil, i am new to this forum and got my stivo its awesome, its dark blue and his name is steve, however there are some mods i would love to do to him. I am not an expert however i was hoping some of you guyz could give me some info on

ideal exhaust for the stivo based on practicality,performance,sound and price

any ideas of lowering the car (how much do i lower it?) what brands should i stick with?price looking to pay?

audio - what works best for the stivo

where i could get eyelids from?

anything small to give it extra

cant afford rims atm :(

sorry for a first full on post however i just wanna be out on the roads beatin down commos and hondas

any help will be appreciated :D

cheers guyz

hi there

hey hey

welcome to da forum :D

micky is right on the audio bit, just work out a budget and go from there? are sub /s on ya list?

as a personal preferance, i'd go:

Clarion / Kenwood Headdeck (have owned both)

Clarion Speakers (cabin) 6" speakers should do fine (maybe 6" splits if ya budget allows for it)

Rockford Fosgate / Kicker Sub /s

Kicker Sub amp

Kenwood / Clarion Amp for cabin speakers

If you have an iPod, get a headdeck with a iPod controller, they are worth it :D

Otherwise, enjoy ya time here and maybe we'll see you at a meet sometime :yahoo:

Welcome to TOCAU mate. Another pointer for you would be to check out the registry(or garage area) and look at the most modded cars or check out the areas in which you want to modify and see what everyone else is using :D

hey matey. Welcome!.

if you're looking for springs. stick with the bigger names. like Kings, Tien...etc there's less chance that the springs rates are wrong, the spring sag is more gradual and consistant, and the powder coating won't crack so quickly.

I got my eyelids from a member of this forum but you can probably get a set from Toyota Penrith as they sell TRD products.

welcome!!

black owns blue :P

black thinks it owns blue until black and all the other colours look @ the track times and see's its dominated by the blues :P :P :P :P :P .... oh and welcome to the forum

welcome to the forum mate, don't rush with the questions

just read the forums and browse and you will know what to get! GL man

black > blue

dont look at my sig :ph34r:

Edited by vyets