Jaderd blue upgrade sportivo

jaderd

I am with AAMI also. I'm 23, have an 03 Sportivo with my CAI and lowered springs listed, and it costs me $751 a year on a rating one.

I dont see how yours in more expensive seeing I am younger. Is it just becuase you have more mods done to the car?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with AAMI also. I'm 23, have an 03 Sportivo with my CAI and lowered springs listed, and it costs me $751 a year on a rating one.

I dont see how yours in more expensive seeing I am younger. Is it just becuase you have more mods done to the car?

Also comes down to where you live. That can make a big difference in some cases. I'm 21 (insurance started when I was 20 and 9 months) and my Aurion is insured for an agreed value of $32,800 and my premium is $674 with Rating One protection with standard $500 excess (plus young driver excess). Still haven't had a chance to attend the AAMI Skilled Drivers' course. That will shave a good 10% off my premium until I turn 25. Can't complain there; especially when the course is free.

whats your excess if you crash it???

The standard excess plus my normal age excess. I didnt opt for increasing my excess to have a cheaper premium.

yeah it all depends on where you live etc...can change it easily by 50 - 200 $...give it a try next time you get a quote......also is your car garaged or on street etc...all these things affect it and also when you ring things change too......it all depends on how many ppl of different ages and circumstances have claimed on the insuruance company that particular day/week/month you ring for a quote.

before my most recent insurance payment i had rang a month earlier and that price was 85 dollars cheaper than the quote i did on the day ...so i got the lady to work from my prior quote as io had the refernce number etc

yeah it all depends on where you live etc...can change it easily by 50 - 200 $...give it a try next time you get a quote......also is your car garaged or on street etc...all these things affect it and also when you ring things change too......it all depends on how many ppl of different ages and circumstances have claimed on the insuruance company that particular day/week/month you ring for a quote.

before my most recent insurance payment i had rang a month earlier and that price was 85 dollars cheaper than the quote i did on the day ...so i got the lady to work from my prior quote as io had the refernce number etc

Oh ok, well that all makes sense now as to why there would be such a differnce in the quotes you get.

yeah mate premiums should drop off a little at 21......try just cars........your excess will be hgher and you will have a "vehicle" excess etc.....but lower premium.....e.g

AAMI would have charged me about $1400 premium @ 23 years old and then Excess = $500 norm and $500 age excess

Just Cars = Premium of about $980 @ 23 years old and Excess = $500 norm + $500 age + $500 vehicle..

i went with Justcars as if i didnt crash i was nearly 500$ up and saved, and if i did crash and claim i would be equiv to if i was with AAMI and crashed etc.....luckily i didnt so i was up by end of year etc.

your lucky though....as there as so many cosmetic mods you can do to your sportivo to make it look awesome.......AAMI allows 2 mods.....so you can get like CAI and lowered or Just Cars you can have as many mods as you want as long as legal etc....so may be worth a call to justcars......they are a division of AAMI too.

cheers mate

AAMI merely unwrites for Just Cars. They are 2 seperate entities/companies operating with different management etc ....... from a legal perspective. Effectively means that AAMI is to Just Cars like how Optus is to Soul Communications.

Provider -> Wholeseller -> Retailer -> etc .....

:D :D :D :D :D :D

yeah mate premiums should drop off a little at 21......try just cars........your excess will be hgher and you will have a "vehicle" excess etc.....but lower premium.....e.g

AAMI would have charged me about $1400 premium @ 23 years old and then Excess = $500 norm and $500 age excess

Just Cars = Premium of about $980 @ 23 years old and Excess = $500 norm + $500 age + $500 vehicle..

i went with Justcars as if i didnt crash i was nearly 500$ up and saved, and if i did crash and claim i would be equiv to if i was with AAMI and crashed etc.....luckily i didnt so i was up by end of year etc.

your lucky though....as there as so many cosmetic mods you can do to your sportivo to make it look awesome.......AAMI allows 2 mods.....so you can get like CAI and lowered or Just Cars you can have as many mods as you want as long as legal etc....so may be worth a call to justcars......they are a division of AAMI too.

cheers mate

AAMI merely unwrites for Just Cars. They are 2 seperate entities/companies operating with different management etc ....... from a legal perspective. Effectively means that AAMI is to Just Cars like how Optus is to Soul Communications.

Provider -> Wholeseller -> Retailer -> etc .....

:D :D :D :D :D :D

same same

basically i just enjoyed bagging eachother out to eachother etc...as i left aami to get the premiums now back to them as over 25 and cheaper with them lol.....all a bit rediculous i reckon

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update:

Rotated my tyres in mildura over x'mas, put the kuhmos on the rear and bridgestone on the front, i always knew the bridgestones we a bit scalloped from previous owner, was noticeabel a little when on the back.....once on the front was really noticable and fairly noisy when braking etc........i drove the 550km back and that didnt wear the excess tread out at all or even it out much so the other day i went for a spirited drive out research/eltham way with around 35psi in fronts so sit nice n flat and really grab outside edge when turning......was a little wet to so made it easy to spin up inside tyre on every corner for about 20 mins........feels alot better now much improved .....still a little noisy but ive heard bridgestones can get a little noisy........eithe way they are much better than the kuhmos in relation to grip, the kuhmos are tread wear 320 compared to 220 for the bridgestone.....so front alot stickier now.

Just spent hour or so this arvo cleaning car and went for nice solo cruise out from eltham to warrandyte, back into research, then backl out to panton hill on way to kinglake and back home via diamond creek.....nice weather and some nice roads to cruise in the clean car

-HIDS were awesome when travelling....i left at 10:30pm to get to mildura and got there around 4:15am.........HIDS made night driving much safer i believe...

cheers

driving at night with HID's is great!

Although i tend to find the bugs are more attracted to the brighter light... i always end up going home via the carwash to spray all the kamikazes off the forward facing edges of the car.

great to hear you got through your chrissy safely mate! we gotta catch up soon.

ok......tyre noise from bridgestones still annoying me but soo grippy its nice.......i went back to servo last night and dropped the fronts from 38/39 psi down to 35psi..........took off from servo ............alot better.........less noise and ofcourse a softer ride, braking also seemed alot less noisy, can still hear the tread doing its thing but no where near as much as before....so i think ill leave them at 35psi feels more solid on the road as i guess more tread is actually touching............i then stopped afew kms down the road and dropped the back down to 35psi also ..........so yeah back down to lower tyre pressures and see how it goes over some time..................still noisy but nowhere near as bad and feels smoother at speed on freeway also .....hopefully remaisn like this long enough for me to wear out the tread.

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that your whiteline rear sway bar photo on page 4 that you've installed it upside down. Not sure if this is intentional.

BTW. Nice write up. Enjoyed reading it all.

This is what it looks like on mine (installed by toyota - not sure if that means anything though). Is your swaybar welded higher up on oneside of the cylinder that houses the swaybar bolts ?

rearswaybb2.jpg

Must be the way whiteline placed the stickers between production runs...

If you look at the whiteline sticker on jaderd's photo on page 4, it appears upside down facing upwards. Then look at the sticker in my photo above.

Edited by Masayuki

Went for a cruise on Saturday with BKS and Guni, down to Rosebud for lunch was a nice "cruise" along the nepean highway........only afew short bursts of spirited driving melb side of rosebud......on return trip it was 3 sportivos close behind a porsche 911....andy was closest behind him apparently he was loving it :)

Thanks to BKS i also have a new fav pic or two of my car :)....the good old whilst moving pic ....came out really shiny and reflective etc

oh yeah and put my kuhmos back on the front and bridgestones on the back....cant notice the scalloping near as much if at all when on back so way more comfortable etc.....will wear them out on back

Where is the team spirit Jad? :D jk mate LoL I was down that way too :( in the neighbourhood of Lyndhurst went to some beach on saturday down that way too but i dont know the name of it lol

Out of curiousity....How does your car compare to Andyz and vice versa? :D

mine ****s all over andys lol jks.................nah i dont know really............guess fair similar (disregarding engine management stuff) but also completely different

He has better suspension setup (springs and shocks mated) im on stocks with just springs

and has full exhaust........i just have rear muffler...........we have discussed it like i may have posted earlier we seem to think that maybe stock exhasut with just muffler may be the combo (our POV) as the 59 mm on full open creates bit more back pressure which it needs down low compared to 63mm (2.5").......but yeah no dyno yet will try to in time. i think andy is at around 127-130kw at wheels with the engine management stuff etc......and was around 119 prior to that............we think mine might be around that maybe 115-120kw @ wheels.....as it was 109 with just cai so headers and rear muffler id hope may give the other 5-10kw? unsure need another dyno run to see which i really shoudl get my ***** into gear and get lol.....maybe during andy's further tuning coming up i may meet up and chuck car on for afew dollars whilst they already have the hired dyno time etc.....

Edited by jaderd

Oh Ok... I got a the Greddy piggy back too which i need to get installed and tuned as well....got in contact with Cihan as well because you guys recommended him and also a few mates told me he was pretty good...but i am currently short on money lol with Christmas And New Years Spending Spree :-/ But i know that my car will never match yours :( lol But oh well it is still a decent corolla i suppose :)

If you dont mind let me know if you guys go for a mini cruise i would luv to meet both of youz (including Guni the habibi fella...hahaha) :)