twin turbo on camry?

akuma

Ummm it would cost a fortune to get the Aurions engine into the Camry though.... cos its gonna be a virtually brand new engine you have to buy. Why didnt you just buy the Aurion? Its gonna end up costing the same if not more then it would have to just have bought the Aurion. Anyway, if you have heaps of money, I would just save up for the TRD Aurion... wouldnt have to worry about frying the Camry engine in 6 weeks or other problems that would develop in modding your current engine.

Edited by aussie_camry

• 4 weeks later...

Aurion/Camry are the same car and despite looks are virtually identical in dimentions. If what you want is a Supercharged v6 Camry... Just get the TRD Aurion. You will have far less headaches and problems with the car and will probably end up costing you less too.

Lol, a 2JZ in a Camry. That's laughable. I know people will argue "ooo it's so different and unique". That's true, but it's a waste of time because it'll still be slow. All that weight over the front wheels will make its handling worse, too.

If you want to be realistic, a supercharger or turbo with minimal boost will give you more usable power and save you money in the long run. A little more optimism and you could easily use the Aurion's motor, seeing as the only major differences between the cars are the front and the ****; engine bay should all be the same.

That GAS Camry; isn't it built on a Commodore chassis? A mate of mine was telling me it's nicknamed the Camryodore. But it highlights how fast a 2JZ-powered car can go; 6.8sec is awesome.

Lastly, you say you "want" to spend 30k on an engine. Anybody here who's done engine work would be able to tell you your estimates will always blow out by a huge margin. Gremlins always come up. And 30grand on the engine is all well and good, but you'll destroy your box, destroy your diff, destroy your brakes, and destroy your suspension. More power and more speed puts strain on everything in your car. Everything would need upgrading for a conversion as big as a modified 2JZ.

ahh, f**k, lucky i asked everyone thats done proper research or known more about my car. so turbo or supercharge ay, whats the best one? is it more personal choice or is it the brand of the component which makes it faster?

ahh, f**k, lucky i asked everyone thats done proper research or known more about my car. so turbo or supercharge ay, whats the best one? is it more personal choice or is it the brand of the component which makes it faster?

It wouldn't hurt you to go and do some research on the matter, though. In a Hot 4's or Fast Fours mag a few years ago they published a blue widebody Camry sedan 4cyl that was turbocharged; it was actually quite trick. Finding that magazine and reading that article would be the very first thing I'd do, because even though it's a different engine the same basic rules apply (though altered a little as your engine is near-new so rebuilding probably wouldn't be necessary). CAPA were a long way into developing a supercharger kit for the 1MZ-FE V6 motor for the Gen5 Camry (even though that's possibly now defunct due to the Aurion's release with the 2GR-FE), so it'd be very worthwhile calling them up and checking if any testing was done on the 2AZ-FE

But in all honesty, mate, you're driving a Camry, a car that is no more than mediocre. If you wanted a base for a modified and quicker-than-stock mid-size sedan, you should've gotten something like a Mazda6, Honda Accord Euro, or a Subaru Liberty. They all handle infinitely better than a Camry (as well as having nicer interiors and better exterior aesthetics to boot). I'm not saying your purchase was bad; Camry's are a good solid car (my V6 wagon's done 208,000km now and still going strong) but what I'm trying to say is it isn't an ideal base to build a good hill sprint car from.

I'm pretty sure there are turbo and blower applications for sale in the US, but it'd probably cost a fair amount to send the gear over here.

And lastly, if you modifiy a car that drastically now, kiss your warranty good bye.

there's a guy in the Canada. owns a GEN 3 camry with 300kw engine. He puts 1 massive turbo (not sure which one though). all i know that he spent $20,000cad. 0-200kph in 15sec & its an AUTO DAMN quick for a camry :lol:

its quick when the roads straight :clap: :P

but really i'd love to see you do it! :) so goodluck! do your research first and also have plenty of $$$ :P

yeh, waiting for warranty to be done... hopefully something will come across, uncle works for toyota, so i got a 20% discount off the car, and he'll steal any parts for me if needed, got a new speedo and brakes in spare.

yeh, waiting for warranty to be done... hopefully something will come across, uncle works for toyota, so i got a 20% discount off the car, and he'll steal any parts for me if needed, got a new speedo and brakes in spare.

tell him to steal the TRD Aurion when it comes out :P :clap::unsure: hahaha just kidding...

oh i forgot to tell you... with the Twin Turbo Setup you might need to relocate the battery to the trunk.

Edited by leasaunce