Got another problem with my coilover

VVTLiR

Hey installed my coilovers but the right hand side is making a wierd chong chong chong noise when turning. Everything is tight and the sway links are not rubbing or over extending. Its been adjusted from the botom and I have left the top uncompresed (when jacked up you can sort of just jiggle the spring). When I loosen the top bolt on the strut (i.e. from the engine bay) the noise disappears but I aint prepared to leave em loose. It makes the same noise when I overtighten the top of the strut and the shocker spins around. How can I fix this?

Edited by VVTLiR

u have the same problem wif me when i turn it makes that heavy chong chong chong sound also pisses me off i dont know how to fix it i think the coil is hitting the swaybar link im pretty sure last time it stopped for me then i played wif the spring again and it happend again >.< where u get urs installed?

u have the same problem wif me when i turn it makes that heavy chong chong chong sound also pisses me off i dont know how to fix it i think the coil is hitting the swaybar link im pretty sure last time it stopped for me then i played wif the spring again and it happend again >.< where u get urs installed?

I installed it. Ie checked everything, its driving me nuts. It goes away if i loosen the top nut, but then i dont think thats safe and you can tell its loose when going over bumps and cornering.

u really shouldnt have ur springs uncompressed.

they should be firmly compressed but not overly done as that will wear out ya shocks quicker

It said in the D2 instruction not to compress the A section so i left it just on. Can any1 else confirm that I should wind it upwards and compress the spring.AdjustmentInstruction.jpg

Edited by VVTLiR

u dont over compress them, u just make sure they are compressed to the point that they are not jiggling around or able to be moved by hand

.....its like tieing ur shoelaces lol, u dont tighten ur shoes to the max bcos than its gonna feel uncomfortable and do d1ck all for ya blood circulation haha, but at the same time the shoelaces cant be too loose to the point that ya foots gonna fall out of the shoe everytime u walk or run......wak example but similar idea lmao

You may need to grease the bearings around the pillow mounts. I've got the same issue, but can't get the top nut undone now to sort it out (too tight and can't be ****d taking them out as I just had a wheel alignment).

You may need to grease the bearings around the pillow mounds. I've got the same issue, but can't get the top nut undone now to sort it out (too tight and can't be ****d taking them out as I just had a wheel alignment).

i had the same issue, i put a few drops of roil into them and they have been fine since.

yeh, its this stuff myself and few of the other QLD'ers put in our engine/gearbox/power steerting etc, its like bitron but alot better, HRT have been using it for few years as well, quick google will give you heaps on info

Just put some handy oil in it. The chung chung seems to have gone away, but getting some clicking and sqeezy sort of noises. I'll lube up everything in my suspension this avo and see if fixes that too.

Took it for another drive and the clong clong and clicking is gone just, got that sqeezy sound (sorta sounds like when you sqeeze a rubber toy and the air comes out) over bumps and turning. I've bought some Nulon Xtreme Performance Grease so i'm gonna grease up every joint under neath the wheel. I will also give the coil a wash since i have alot of dirt in the coilover so that may be contributing to the noise.

that air noise is normal

Ok, I didn't realise that. I was hopping it would be quiet. Oh well I greased it up anyway just incase. So I'm assuming all coilovers make that noise, weird oh well I'll just turn up the stereo. Thanks for all your help guys.

I have a problem with my coilovers now .. after travelling abit past lorne i gunned her around the bends .. now when im driving over un-even roads that makes the car bounce .. my front right coilover makes a click.. what can be the problem ?

:help:

Dunno what the click is but it has come back today again, when I went up my work driveway (its a bit of a mofo since I end up with 1 or 2 wheels off the ground ehen going up on an angle) and kept makes that noise till I parked it. Maybe some1 can contact D2 and find out, it really annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is they are D2's LOL.

what you pay is what you get. crapass quality.

I had a sound go grrrkkk everytime i full locked the streeting wheels turns out that the top of my adjusting knob and the front left coil was rubbing on my bonnet everytime i turned it. Maybe check yours out.

and i have the same problem as you goodboyz click when i go over little bumps :P

The problem is they are D2's LOL.

maybe and all those varieties coming from taiwan just are not up there with the jap stuff like cusco tein tanabe. the other day i heard about another brand called rs. so i enquire about it and was told designed in australia but made in taiwan. the usual price of ~$1,000 per set. the jap stuff does cost a lot more but i believe they will last longer and give less problems. you can even get ones with helper sleeves but never seen anything come out from taiwan with this setup.

i think some may want to start saving for replacement shocks once warranty is out. not sure if d2 grant warranty on installations that were not done by their authorised workshops. need to take care of coilovers especially the cheaper varieties as they wear down sooner.

I dunno what the chung chung sound was, the lubricant was a quick fix but it came back. I just took the coilover out, pulled it all apart to bits, put it back toghether and it is fine now.

Its not just d2s, i have been reading heaps of forums and other jap brands ets have the same gremlin type issues. I think it comes down to set-up and the corolla has messy type front end with the sway links attached to the shockers so u gotta adjust these alot to get em right. Plus the D2 have alot of possible adjustements but with crap generic installation instruction. I prob post a step by step install soon so the rest of u guys can set it up right from word go.

Neways the Street D2 handle absolutely awsome with a very good ride quality, I can pretty much floor it out of corners now with minimal wheels spin and there are not too many cars that can keep with me through corners, especially considering i dont have an lsd. Real bang for your buck performance.

Edited by VVTLiR

• 2 months later...