Sportivo Climate Control

hi all,

Yesterday was driving my 05 upgrade sportivo from melbourne to rosebud for work....temp outside as left melb approx 33 degrees and 40 degrees by time hit rosebud. I had the climate control set to auto at 21 degrees which was fine untill we hit afew traffic lights in a row and traffic etc. Everytime i would stop it would blow out air which seemed really warm, im guessing its just the AC turning off whilst stationary like on older cars when ya chuck them on econo AC. All i know is that it started to get real hot in the cabin after afew sets of lights in a row and the driving (in between lights where it kicks back in straight away) wasnt enought to cool the cabin.

I know it was 40 degrees outside and i cant complain as the AC was freezing when driving along, it was just when stopping it turns off and warms up.............guessing this is normal.......for if i give it a rev at the lights it kicks in again........im guessing maybe if i was to take it off auto and just set it at say 21 it may stay on permanently....not cut in and out.......

not sure......thought i would post up and see if anyone else noticed this, though im guessing its normal, just annoying... especially with the boss in the car.......wanted to impress him with the new wheels........his 2005 BMW 325i......just an over priced sportivo i keep telling him.....same power.....got leather etc...lol

cheers

doesn't sound right... All my cars blow nice cold AC when stationary.

Is your condensor fan operating when the AC is on? The condensor fan is meant to keep air flowing through the condensor when you're not in motion. Without air flowing through it the AC will struggle to keep cool.

hi all,

Yesterday was driving my 05 upgrade sportivo from melbourne to rosebud for work....temp outside as left melb approx 33 degrees and 40 degrees by time hit rosebud. I had the climate control set to auto at 21 degrees which was fine untill we hit afew traffic lights in a row and traffic etc. Everytime i would stop it would blow out air which seemed really warm, im guessing its just the AC turning off whilst stationary like on older cars when ya chuck them on econo AC. All i know is that it started to get real hot in the cabin after afew sets of lights in a row and the driving (in between lights where it kicks back in straight away) wasnt enought to cool the cabin.

I know it was 40 degrees outside and i cant complain as the AC was freezing when driving along, it was just when stopping it turns off and warms up.............guessing this is normal.......for if i give it a rev at the lights it kicks in again........im guessing maybe if i was to take it off auto and just set it at say 21 it may stay on permanently....not cut in and out.......

not sure......thought i would post up and see if anyone else noticed this, though im guessing its normal, just annoying... especially with the boss in the car.......wanted to impress him with the new wheels........his 2005 BMW 325i......just an over priced sportivo i keep telling him.....same power.....got leather etc...lol

cheers

I’ve got a 03 sportivo - and never experienced this. It was 38 degrees a few days back and i had air con on 24 AUTO - it blows hard till it gets to the temp then puts it lower / maintaining temp. I live it 'the city' and have lots of frequent stops / traffic lights and the air con (which i have on 99.9% of the time) has never 'warmed up' whilst waiting at lights

Obviously the hotter it is the harder the air con has to work - lengthening the time it takes to cool down the car - but once cool, it def shouldn’t start to warm up

Try not using the Auto mode - leave it on say 22.5 and see if that happens (with blowers on say 3/5 bars etc)

your car will still be under warranty - so maybe take it to Toyota to check??

thanx for quick reply guys, when at the lights it was still pumping out at full speed but was not blowing out cold air......it was noticably warmer, though as soon as i tap the accelerator you could feel it kick back in again, thats why i was thinkning that maybe it was deliberately doing it ?....i did have it set at 21...fairly cool and it was trying to cool down 40 degree + hot muggy air....not too sure will wait and test it on another hot day..this sat supposed to be around 38 and see how it goes.....yeah love the fact of two years warranty still = not my problem its toyotas

cheers

it was on fresh air constantly, im thinking it may have been fine if i had it on 23.5 or so which is what i normally have it on, just the other day decided to have it a little lower.........never really use the recycle button as the air ends up getting stale i prefer the fresh air

cheers

it was on fresh air constantly, im thinking it may have been fine if i had it on 23.5 or so which is what i normally have it on, just the other day decided to have it a little lower.........never really use the recycle button as the air ends up getting stale i prefer the fresh air

cheers

The prob i s- if u don’t have the recycle button on - whilst driving in traffic / city - u get all the fumes and odours coming straight into the car. I personally never turn off the C button - but again depends on where you live and what your driving conditions are;

cheers

The prob i s- if u don’t have the recycle button on - whilst driving in traffic / city - u get all the fumes and odours coming straight into the car. I personally never turn off the C button - but again depends on where you live and what your driving conditions are;

Good and right answer :clap: , not do you only get the fumes, but also the warm air. Try it with the 'C' button and test. If the issue still exists, then take it back to Toyota for a check-up.

The car is also getting alot hotter sitting in traffic.. so the aircon has to work much much harder..

I would have set it to the lowest temp (not auto)

Example.. My bike.. on a 30 deg day sits on 85-89deg while cruising along.. as soon as i stop at traffic lights it heats up too 108deg before the thermo fan kicks in.. Makes your nuts nice and toasty

Thats almost 20 degrees hotter within 15-30 seconds