DEATH! by drinking to much water *whos fault is it?!* =(

KaZe-

Hi all me and my brother brought a wii last week and my brother was look though youtube and found this story of a women in the usa who was in a breakfeast radio show game that she and others had to drink as much water as they can and not WEE ******* or chunder *vomit* and last person standing wins a nintendo WII i found this very disterbing when i heard about this and the thing that really annyoed me was that they had a nurse call up the radio whilst this was happining and the nurse said it could possibly make u ill/sick and perhaps DIE from drinking too much water yes DIE!! and all the radio host did where laugh at her so heres the youtube links and also its hard to find many clips cuz they have already banned them this happend last week i think... please let me know your thoughts and comments i find it really aggravating >.<

NUMBER 1

B7ATJ3Hv3gI

NUMBER 2

kXEAx9vhQms

Thank you,

Steve.

Provided the contestants were TOLD of the fact that consumption of too much water can cause water intoxication resulting in death (as opposed to it being written on a piece of paper that no one reads but signs anyway), then I think the contestants themselves are to blame.

However if the radio hosts did not disclose such an important matter, and thought that a disclaimer on a piece of paper would save them, then they should rot in prison because they probably chose not to disclose it because it would affect there "ratings" as people may not proceed with it.

Hi all me and my brother brought a wii last week and my brother was look though youtube and found this story of a women in the usa who was in a breakfeast radio show game that she and others had to drink as much water as they can and not WEE ******* or chunder *vomit* and last person standing wins a nintendo WII i found this very disterbing when i heard about this and the thing that really annyoed me was that they had a nurse call up the radio whilst this was happining and the nurse said it could possibly make u ill/sick and perhaps DIE from drinking too much water yes DIE!! and all the radio host did where laugh at her so heres the youtube links and also its hard to find many clips cuz they have already banned them this happend last week i think... please let me know your thoughts and comments i find it really aggravating >.<

NUMBER 1

B7ATJ3Hv3gI

NUMBER 2

kXEAx9vhQms

Thank you,

Steve.

**** man how bad is that, the chick on the radio says after hearing the callers coments

"maybe we should have reserched this a bit" hell yes you should have! especially knowing someone had died from it already. Yeah i think they should be held accountable, they had prior knowlege of a death and were warned during the contest that there's a risk of death. i wonder if the release form they signed state that there was a good chance of dieing in doing what they were doing? ;)

thanks DHC i didnt even notice! moved now

shouldnt it be in lights camera action area? :P

i read about this a few weeks ago too. dunno who to blame really.

btw, a safer idea would've just been to see who can pee the MOST :lol:

Provided the contestants were TOLD of the fact that consumption of too much water can cause water intoxication resulting in death (as opposed to it being written on a piece of paper that no one reads but signs anyway), then I think the contestants themselves are to blame.

Who needs to be told? I knew that back in high school.

I'd say it's Darwinism at work except for the fact she had kids, anyway they'll get their Wii out of the fat compo payment her family is likely to receive. Heard a great comment on this the other day, instead of trying to win a Wii for her kids in a stupid radio contest maybe she should've been at work earning enough money to buy one.

Hell even if they've watched the Simpsons in the last couple of years then surely they've seen the episode where Grandpa Simpsons kidneys exploded :ph34r:

EDIT: Ok after watching the videos that'd be right, make water illegal ;) Anyway I think there is certainly a civil case deserving of compensation but again i'd argue that the contestants should've known the risks or at least done a bit of research before participating. And before anyone wants to flame me 'won't somebody think of the children' style my mum died when I was a kid so i'm certainly not immune from the feeling however in her case it was an everyday case of breast cancer...

Edited by Conquest

However if the radio hosts did not disclose such an important matter, and thought that a disclaimer on a piece of paper would save them, then they should rot in prison because they probably chose not to disclose it because it would affect there "ratings" as people may not proceed with it.

hey nek when they where talking about if u drink too much water it can lead into intoxication that was before the contest so they actually didint tell the contestants about it i know there jerks

but the thing is theres another part of the radio but i cant find it where the lady jennifer strange at the end of it says my head hurts and they laughed at her for drinking too much water and gave her tickets to JT tickets to go to that night and she didint end up going bcoz she died that night...

ill try and source it out for you's

Steve

Due to the release forms it can't be a criminal matter (or at least I'm pretty sure), but I think it can be argued in the civil courts under 'contributory negligence' and 'duty of care' (if those are what they are called in the US legal system).