New TRD website

A new TRD website is now up and running

www.trd.com.au

though it doesn't say alot at least it is an indication that things are starting to move in the right direction.

Finally a TRD website for us Aussies!!!,ARC,F1,Dakar how can u go wrong?? Maybe a lil Super GT would be nice oh oh oh Official merchandising :blink::blink: yyeeaahh thats what im talking about :lol: but.......this'll make do,,very very well done website

is it just me or is the web site only have a silver background and a big black box with the word 'toyota' ???

Patience sportiyo, good things come to those that wait (like the TRD Corolla - well it had better be good after all this wait)

0837772939.bmp

is it just me or is the web site only have a silver background and a big black box with the word 'toyota' ???

Patience sportiyo, good things come to those that wait (like the TRD Corolla - well it had better be good after all this wait)

bad news dudes...I'm in South Africa and the TRD sucks, by that i mean it remains as a 141kw motor with a quick shift gear system, 17" wheels, some interior red stitchwork, a dropped suspension and TRD badges.

I have just got myself a Rsi 141kw with cold air intake, Viper branches flowing into a 63mm Powerflow exhaust system an inbox K'nN airfilter. She rides on a standard springs squeezed down to 70mm at the rear and 60mm on the front. all of this relying on STR 18" rims with 215x35x18 Firenza rubber. She goes well but i haven't tested her against a G5. All i can say is hats off to Toyota for a 1800 motor (with no foced induction ie turbo etc) that can push out 141kw, even if it be at high revs. I have heard that a TRD lightweight flighwheel gets the powerband from a lower rev..but i dont know by how much.

I've tried attaching a pic of my car...hope you can see it.

all the best

bad news dudes...I'm in South Africa and the TRD sucks, by that i mean it remains as a 141kw motor with a quick shift gear system, 17" wheels, some interior red stitchwork, a dropped suspension and TRD badges.

I have just got myself a Rsi 141kw with cold air intake, Viper branches flowing into a 63mm Powerflow exhaust system an inbox K'nN airfilter. She rides on a standard springs squeezed down to 70mm at the rear and 60mm on the front. all of this relying on STR 18" rims with 215x35x18 Firenza rubber. She goes well but i haven't tested her against a G5. All i can say is hats off to Toyota for a 1800 motor (with no foced induction ie turbo etc) that can push out 141kw, even if it be at high revs. I have heard that a TRD lightweight flighwheel gets the powerband from a lower rev..but i dont know by how much.

I've tried attaching a pic of my car...hope you can see it.

all the best

O well at least they r stil sellin the sportivo over there (or RSi in ur terms) they r discontinued here <_< . But thats weird how u guys dont get the bodykit (can u get it optional???)

Hey that TRD model includes the TRD suspension ppl hav been sourcing here (which is very expensive) so at least that is included. Lol if i had the cash available I would import one from South Africa (through Toyota) n tell them to fit the sportivo bodykit when it gets here :D

EDIT: It's a lill pricey tho... $39,550 in aussie terms

Edited by grima88

lets hits them with a nice tough question

----------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Now that TRD is making an appearance in Australia

and it seems to be getting the support and backing from TMCA.

Will TRD parts now be covered under new car warrenty if a TRD part

is installed on a new car like is the case in the US.

cheers

Bill

Hi,

cheers

Bill

Castle Hill Toyota, currently the only official distributor in Australia of TRD parts (as per the TRD Japan website) have said they will. Though I would clarify this for yourself when purchasing.

Hi,

cheers

Bill

Castle Hill Toyota, currently the only official distributor in Australia of TRD parts (as per the TRD Japan website) have said they will. Though I would clarify this for yourself when purchasing.

i have just posted this question 2 them 2 poke a bit of fun ...... it doesnt matter what castle hill toyota says .... all warrenty claims have 2 be sent back to TMCA for TMCA to approve or decline so if castle hill toyota is authorising TRD warrenty claims then they are doing so on their own accord with no support from TMCA unless i get a response to my question which says otherwise.

ok the functionality on the site seems to be not working properly in the contact us page .... for me it just sits there saying sending to server and thats it ..... in IE it keeps saying send failed ..... so i have no idea if they have even got my question.

ok the functionality on the site seems to be not working properly in the contact us page .... for me it just sits there saying sending to server and thats it ..... in IE it keeps saying send failed ..... so i have no idea if they have even got my question.

Same thing happened when I tired to subscribe to the newsletter.

The site doesn't give us any new news that we haven't known. Hope it gets updated real soon.

Supercharged Aurion?? Need I say more??

all the supercharged aurion proves is that toyota is going to obviously warrent the supercharged aurion ..... it does not make the official statement that TMCA will now warrent ALL TRD products for ALL available makes and model cars TMCA sells.

So yeah mate a little more info would answer the question :P :P :P :P