best double din touchscreen head unit?

shmicko

I have the pioneer AVHP6850DVD. awesome head unit, heaps of differant displays for when your playing music, and as big bum said its a 6 disc DVD changer all in one great unit. the only thing i dont like about it is that it only fast forwards music in continous 4sec increments and doesnt get faster. but how often do you FF to half a song. Anyway it looked the most stylish when i was looking for a unit. i love it. :D

just dont go for JVC double din i had that aswell in my other car and i ended up taking it back, didnt like it at all, but if you havent got lots of $$ it is a cheap way of getting into a dvd/monitor

There's a picture of the PIONEER fitted on my members ride post

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=9312

Rolling BLK, did u have to get spacers with this deck, because it looks like a perfect fit to me..

Yeah they fitted spaces to the sides of the unit. top to bottom fits good

Are they original toyota spacers... if so, do u or anyone have the part numbers..

Im thinking or completing the exact same setup. With the pioneer head unit... beautiful it is..

No they were from the place i had it fitted.

Any audio fitting place has them, i think there about 15-20 $.

But try JB-HIFI like DHC09 did, just say you bought a head unit of them the weak before

and there's gapes on either side, and you were told it would be a good fit.

the beauty of that is, theres more than one person that works at each audio section of JB

so they wont know if you did buy it there or not.

Edited by RoLLing BLK

• 6 months later...

i got the Clarion MAX676VD in my sportivo, yes you need the side spacers and no doesnt hit the dash on motorising.

The only thing is, well mine anyways is the air con vent pieces doesnt sit snuggly anymore, it sticks out like 2mm. Maybe the clip is broken.

The clarion units downside is its a more chunky unit, so it sticks out a tiny bit but has silver Accents on it so matches the sportivos centre console. Also you cant upload wallpapers onto it, or add Navigation at the moment.

But other then that, it is clarions flagship model, and has the best resolution from the others (personl prefference) Also clarion has a awsome build quality, internal gears and mechanisms are Metal whereas Kenwood and pioneer are plastic gear wheels ( i cheked)

Hope that helps

I have the Alpine IVA W200Ri (like the E with a few added bits). Best investment ever. Fits the hole perfectly and very user friendly. Came with full speed I-Pod connection too. I also found a site that has many cool backgrounds for download.

I have the Alpine IVA D300E, can you share the website for downloads

I found this DIN. Not quite a double, but still not too bad for the price.

Regen 1.5 DIN

If it comes down more in price, I would consider buying it. Can't go too far wrong with that price.

I can get units same as that for about $260

Thanks for feedback guys

I love the alpine but its missing TV tuner and DIVX .. apart from that i would have it in a second

I know its a few months old . but any of these double DIN DVD units have trouble with the motorised screen ? Alpine ?Clarion ? Hitting the Vent surround on the corolla ?

NO. why would they?

Because my clarion headunit had a motorised face and it lowers just enough to hit the vent surround

Edited by DrivInGScHool

I know its a few months old . but any of these double DIN DVD units have trouble with the motorised screen ? Alpine ?Clarion ? Hitting the Vent surround on the corolla ?

NO. why would they?

Because my clarion headunit had a motorised face and it lowers just enough to hit the vent surround

Didn't happen with my old Eonon Double-Din Motorized headunit. It flipped down with about 2-3mm clearance :)

NO. why would they?

Didn't happen with my old Eonon Double-Din Motorized headunit. It flipped down with about 2-3mm clearance :)

Sweet ...

Edited by DrivInGScHool

I have the Alpine IVA W200Ri (like the E with a few added bits). Best investment ever. Fits the hole perfectly and very user friendly. Came with full speed I-Pod connection too. I also found a site that has many cool backgrounds for download.

Hey can you pass on the site i can download, and also how do you upload the backgrounds onto the headunits?